Looking At The Big Picture And The Future Of This Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Lets look at the rest of the season and beyond........

Mike Munchak and Mike Reinfeldt.

those two men have the fate of this team in their hands.

So instead of signing a WR to keep us in competition for the division they decide to do nothing.Even though we have the worst WR corps we are gonna stand put and no signing a Lloyd or T.O....

We gonna keep on banging our heads against walls with two yard carries or bench CJ and start playing our other players at RB?

I think both our coach and GM are content to let this be a rebuilding year.But even if it is then after the season are we going to see coaching changes or players cut?

It will be very frustrating if we have to see the same guys like Lavelle Hawkins in here fighting for a WR spot.It seems to me like these guys need to start being proactive and quit settling for mediocre.

Time to stop letting guys like Paul Williams/Lavelle Hawkins stay here five years.enough with the mediocrity at WR

We need to get a good big brusing RB in here to be our future Eddie George at RB and quit thinking these little Sproles/Bush type role players are gonna be full time backs that gain yardage.They should've brought in a big guy to be the main RB and just let CJ run on certain plays but they got greedy and ran him into the ground.

They need to totally revamp this team top to bottom......

2012 and beyond.....

You have your future QB's already.Hasselbeck doing a god job until Locker is ready.

Do some shuffling with the Offense on the line.Replace one or two
    weak links.

Get a good hard nosed Ray Rice/Frank Gore type RB

Besides Britt and Washington draft and bring in veterans at WR.

As far as defense goes they need to come up with some new schemes and gameplans.We have a few good players on defense and try and replace whoever isn't doing their part.

The Fisher/Cecil archaic stuff has to go.teams are running through holes like swiss cheese.Its time to shore up the defense top to bottom.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why do I get the feeling everyone thinks 3-3 = 0-6....

3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Because the last two beatings we've been handed are much more characteristic of an 0-6 team than a 3-3 team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

CJ isn't gonna change.We need a strong solid guy fighting for yards at RB.

Make a few changes on the offensive line.Amano needs to be replaced and maybe bring in Velasco.

They need to bring in a veteran WR.

On defense they need to change it up with the schemes and gameplan.

5. JCBRAVE

Liiike who, Blount? :doh:

Maybe Harper.... :monkey:

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Yes probably Harper.

We need a good bruising RB like Michael 'Burner' Turner in here.

We will get a back in here like Turner or Blount eventually.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's been the problem with this team for years. We seem to live by the motto "stay the course". But at some point you have to be willing to accept the fact "the course" sucks and make some changes.

We're rolling with Washington, D-Will, Hawkins, Avery, and Mariani at WR. And we could've had Brandon Lloyd (leading receiver in the NFL last season) for a 5th rounder and we go "Nah, we're good"? There's just no excuse. I don't care that's he's 30. I don't care that he's on the last year of his deal. The guy would've been a HUGE upgrade to our WR corps and could've been had for peanuts. How often do those 5th/6th rounders pan out anyway?

And my feelings on the run game are well documented so I won't even go into that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

How long would you think it would take Lloyd to contribute in TN? He wouldn't be going into the same system the way he is in St. Louis you know. Linking back up with Josh McDaniels is the only way he steps in day-1 and catches passes for yards.

Same for Owens. I don't like our WR's one bit, but know enough that no one out there is coming in and taking over. It would take any new WR weeks to catch on. We don't have weeks to wait.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thats something else that irritates me is the front office thinks these 5th or 6th round draft picks are gold when most of the time the pick doesn't pan out or doesn't make it.Then you have proven guys like Lloyd who could be had for a 5th or 6th round picks and its a no brainer because you already know he is proven compared to drafting an unproven unplayed player in the 5th or 6th who most likely won't make it.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's true. But I disagree about us not having weeks to wait. Maybe Lloyd or TO don't contribute right away but maybe they're adjusted enough to make a significant impact by week 11-12. Which is when we really need to be firing on all cylinders anyway.

My point is that giving up a 5th rounder for Lloyd would've been a very low-risk/high-reward gamble. Best case scenario he balls out of control and we have a legit #1 WR. Worst case we blew a 5th round pick that in all likelihood would get wasted on some scrub TE or LB anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar