Looking Back

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

K.Wright and everyone including me seems to think the 3rd round pick will at least be a rotation starting player.

I don't like the rest of our draft. I hope the 2nd round pick is next Bulluck, 4th round pick is next CB steal, 5th round is next Gronkowski, 6th round is mediocre starter/backup for year, and 7th round (that we traded up for! :grrr:) is a player in rotation at least!

But my opinion is outside of 1st and 3rd this was not a good draft.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not all drafted players work out.

My expectations are that the top few do, but if the later picks bust, oh well.. That's part of why nobody is winning back to back titles now. How much can you really expect a 6th or 7th rounder to do....

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

In our case it would be a big improvement to get solid production out of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I wish we had drafted a Center in the middle rounds to groom into a solid starter but I guess our team feels we dont need to waste picks on O-line this year.

Bottom line, I think we are ALL ready for the season to start again. Is it just me, or is the off season of Football the LONGEST wait of ANY sport.

Makes me wish we had a minor league NFL that plays in the spring. and the top players can earn spots on rosters in the Fall. Just give me SOMETHING Football besides just talk talk talk about what might happen in the fall.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The only 2 picks I would have changed were our 2nd and 4th.

2nd: Peter Konz
    4th: Malik Jackson

I thought we were fine at CB going in. I didn't think we had to draft one unless one we really liked fell to us. But Jackson is a 280 pound D-lineman whose natural position is DE. IMO we're thin at DE and could have used his help.

Obviously in the 2nd, the best Center in the draft fell to us and we didn't pull the trigger. That could have really helped solidify our entire offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar