Looking forward to 2010

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Prediction: VY will take us deep in the playoffs. It's a team sport and Fisher will shore up the defense. But a good QB can make or brake a team.

See you next season.:bighomer:

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I thought this thread would be much much longer.

Here's my take. We started 0-6, that ruined us. Say we went 3-3 instead.
    (Pitt, if Bironas woulda hit a FG or Texans, stopping a comeback or Jets, Moutons fumbles)
    We would be going to the playoffs and possibly deep. If only, If only...

As for next year who knows. We have many free agents and the NFL draft to get re-amped. With a 3-headed monster offense (VY,CJ, and Britt) hopefully those 3 develop even more. I see VY having a good season next year, he did good in 1/2 a season. I'm worried most about the defense... alot of FAs and our pass defense is horrible. We could easily go 4-12 or 16-0.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Looking into 2010 is easier than it was to look into 2009 for me. One reason is because of Vince. Last season coming off that disappointing loss to the Ravens, I thought we had a Super Bowl ready team, but we lost, so we weren't Super Bowl bound. And that to me was because of the play of our QB. Kerry Collins peaked week 10, thats not the time to be playing your best football. So I expected a step back, not 0-6 backwards, but maybe 4-2, 3-3. So once we kept plummeting weeks 1-6 this year I was already looking into 2010 under Vince Young. And with nearly 10 weeks already figured out, the moment the 2010 season starts for us this Monday, I'm ready to make moves to improve.

This same time last season we were focused on beating the #3, or #6 seed. But now this time, were focused on losing Harper, and other liabilities.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same Jeff Fisher = Same team.

Let's not get our hopes up until this guy is out the door completely.

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

If we started out 3-3, Kerry would still be our quarterback and we'd be looking to trade/release Vince this offseason. Almost a blessing that we started out as bad as we did.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You are totally right on that..

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Monster?

No one can argue that CJ is a beast, monster, anything in the non-human category pretty much works.

--Vince has thrown for 10 td's in 9 games with a career best 85 QB rating (17th rating in NFL = very monsterish)
    --Britt 685 yards (good for about 40th in the NFL) with a massive 3 TD's.

And, you're just worried about the defense? Maybe the defense is falling apart BECAUSE of our lack of offensive consistency. After 2007 and 2008's insanely strong performances by the defense only to have their offense score 1 TD in 2 games in the playoffs?

Maybe the defensive players want to win a Super Bowl and know they can't do it with the current offensive roster so why bother? At least if they go somewhere else and don't get a ring at least they can get paid.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hard to say... I was really looking forward to the 2009 season. That didn't go over well.

I'm not going to do anything... not get my hopes up, this time. :yes:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Next year, Philip Rivers will go all Philip Rivers on our asses.

unless we kill Harper and get Haynesworth back.

10. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

We need to draft pretty much all defense, we have the offense now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar