Looking to move from Verizon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Our family contract is up and I'd like to do a little research on options before renewing. Right now, we have a family plan for 700 minutes and unlimited texting. No one currently has a smartphone so we've not had to add a data plan.

Anyone use Sprint or T-mobile? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

following this thread because we want to upgrade our phones to smartphones since we want the data plan also. We currently use T-Mobile and really haven't had any problems with them. I keep hearing Verizon is the better company and to avoid AT&T.

Of course the next question is what is the best smartphone to have? Samsung Galaxy S3, Iphone, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx,etc

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've had every cell phone carrier except for T-Moble (currently with AT&T). And I'd say they're all about the same. But I'm also not in your area so I can't comment on reception, just phones and customer service.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

T Mobile is actually pretty good from our experience

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

i can tell you sprint has a ton of dead zones in TN.

In my experience, if you go anywhere out of the way, you will lose service. When I lived in Memphis, my apartment was right beside the 385, I could not get service in my apartment. I had to go out on my patio to get one bar. Which was then made useless, because I could not hear because of the traffic.

AND THEN
    my dog got ahold of my phone and chewed the mic out. This has nothing to do with Sprint, I just want to blame it on them anyway.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This

Sprint has tons of dead spots. I still use it because of the price but find myself wanting to see how far I can throw my phone sometimes.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sprint user (Galaxy SIII)

I hardly ever have "dead spots", and normally have a good connection. My area doesn't have 4G which sucks. I also get a discount through work because they're corporate partners... that's why I mostly have Sprint. Pretty much everyone I've been in Illinois works. Sitting in my tree stand in the middle of no where Illinois, still got 3 bars. The only time I had dead spots was Lake Cumberland, KY... no phone service for a week.

I saw recently that Sprint got bought out by some Chinese Corporation. Supposedly they will enhance Sprint and assist with adding more towers for improved service.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I just switched from att to verizon, and I like verizon much better.

Oh, two recommendations on smart phones. Do not get the Samsung galaxy stellar (the free one.) It is a pos. I took it back after three days.

I have the Motorola stood razr m, and it is wonderful. Highly recomended.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

We ended up staying with T-Mobile and upgrade our phones to the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Now to learn all about the phone

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love my SIII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar