Looking to move from Verizon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so far I do to. This is our first smart phones so it is like a new toy to us..lol

know any good free apps that I should put on the phone.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

facebook.

Then you can join us cool cats.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

don't do facebook but I already know some cool cats
    [​IMG]

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You can join our Deadpool Cool Cats Club.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I like radarnow

6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Black and white. You get what you pay for. The largest company with most towers is Verizon. Also has largest LTE 4g. If you do Shared Everything. You can get on a cheaper plan than doing the old way with each line having $30 data plans. I also don't hate AT&T. They are next largest, and both have largest networks in the country. So I would either go one or the other.

I will never own Sprint or T-mobile as they are just too small to compare. And that is why they are SO much cheaper. T-mobile doesnt even do contracts anymore. Have fun paying $600 for an iPhone.

Also, stay away from Prepaid services or flat monthly services like Straight Talk, Cricket, Boost, Metro PCS. Many don't know that reason prepaid is cheaper is because you get a lower tier on the cell tower. All post paid customer have priority over prepaid on any tower. So if you went to a Titans game where a bunch of people are using one tower. There is a really good chance your prepaid phone simply WON'T WORK. When a natural disaster happen, everyone is on their cell phones, so no ones prepaid phone works. And for a specific example, the ONLY service that worked in the Super Dome during Katrina was Verizon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The first one of these who allow users to purchase smart phones without shoving a data plan down their throats will likely rule supreme. I am on wifi at home and work. I have a short commute and wouldn't be surfing, etc. while driving anyway.

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Thats why you should get Shared Everything. You can have a 1gb Plan for your ENTIRE house on Smartphones. Plus Unlimited Calling and Unlimited Texting. If you truly don't use it that much, then you dont have to pay for a high plan. The reason Data plans are required is because there are programs on smartphones like the Weather Widget that go online to give you the weather the moment you unlock your phone. So it would use data pay per use just by being turned on. Your bill would be $2 per MB, so you would be charged $30 for just 15 MB of use when you get 2048 MB in a $30 2GB plan. Makes sense why they make you now?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nope. When I turn on my phone at home, the weather would update. I don't need updated weather reports in the 10 minutes I commute. And there is an added fee for each smart phone used plus the data plan. Why should a smart phone cost more per month?

Seriously, no one in my family needs data but all would love a iPhone just for the apps. My son has a iPod Touch which is perfect except he can't call anyone.
    :gaah:

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cricket.

I don't get why people go any other route these days. My phone bill is 60 bucks every month... I have this phone:

[​IMG]

I get Muve Music... which is basically iTunes for free for your phone. I get unlimited data, text, phone calls, etc. I'm on 4G and I never have "dead spot" issues, and I probably cover a wider range of space daily/weekly than the typical.

Best part? No contract. Why anyone gets a contract with a cell-phone these days is beyond my understanding.

I've had T-Mobile, AT&T, and currently have Verizon and Sprint as tester phones. Cricket wins with value and it's not even close.

Verizon has great service. But they'll nickel/dime you to death and will charge phantom fees on you. I've had them claim I missed a payment (from 3 months prior to current bill) randomly, yet when I have the cleared checks to prove I paid- they say they can't explain their error... but still want the payment. No thanks. I've been with VZW 3 times... all 3 ended badly.

AT&T is actually very solid. I prefer them to Verizon just because I've had much better experience with their customer service and billing. I'd go back to them. I'd never go back to VZW.

T-Mobile I had a lot of dead spot issues, but at the time I was going to a lot of obscure places for my son's football games. In more urban areas, it was great and I liked what they offered for the price.

Sprint I'm fairly new to, but I've had a Sprint phone that I've been using for data/mobile recently for fun and to play with. I'm impressed with the service though. I have had people tell me I've cut out on them in-call though. Cant speak on price, as I don't pay the bill.

But yeah. All that said- unless you live in the boonies... Cricket is unbeatable at this point. No one compares.

The only probably they had about 2 years ago, they've fixed.

Which was lack of quality phones. Now you can get iPhone, Galaxy SIII, Note2, HTC's top models, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar