Breaking News Looks like Bill O'Brien is headed to the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

My belief is that if the Titans are looking for a new head coach, they will want somebody who wants to be a run first team. So they likely will either target an offensive coordinator who likes to run or a defensive guy. My top 2 guesses would be Greg Roman and Mike Zimmer.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Could be that "some" in the front office want Loggains out and Munch is standing firm. If he'd just throw Loggains under the bus, he'd keep his job. According to Rapaport, that could be where the differences lie.

If neither side is willing to budge, one would think there could be a mutual parting of ways.

Or I could be completely wrong and everything is just peaches between everyone.

I think we'll hear something Thursday.

3. KyTitansFan

I would think if everyone was in agreement, they would have already announced he's returning as head coach.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I only have confidence in one person in this organization and I bet you can guess who it is on your first try.

5. KyTitansFan

I don't know about you, but for me, it's Ruston Webster.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We don't. But that's not the point. The Titans have no way of knowing who is still going to be available and who won't by the time they figure out whatever the hell they want to do with Munchak. Maybe they weren't interested in O'Brien. But maybe the next guy who gets snatched up by another team IS the guy they would've wanted.

Again, it's just like we're standing around at the start line while everyone else is sprinting toward the finish (or already finished). Every other team looking for a new HC is SOMEWHERE in the interview process right now. Even if it's just setting up and requesting interviews.

I'm convinced one of two things is going on here.

1) Tommy Boy has already made the decision to keep Munch. And he's merely delaying the announcement in an attempt to reduce fan outrage (i.e. Every day that passes fans more and more assume Munch is coming back and start to make their peace with it. By the time the announcement is actually made everyone's gonna be all "Yeah whatever, we knew this was coming")

2) Tommy Boy is indecisive and incompetent. Or just as bad, he has higher priorities than the billion dollar business he now runs.

As much as I do not want Munch to return, I pray it's #1 and not #2. If Munch is back then I have absolutely no doubt he will fail again and so at least we will get a real coach for 2015 (hopefully). But there's no getting rid of a bad owner. At least not until all those Big Macs and Nacho Bell Grandes catch up with him.

7. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I think the holding pattern is Tommy wants to keep CJ and Munch doesn't. Munch wants to keep Loggains and Tommy doesn't. Hopefully Munch stands firm on his and they part ways mutually..That's realistically the only hope to get rid of Munch.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

As far as we know the two sides haven't even met yet. Sure it's possible that it's happened but the local media is usually pretty on top of these things. I think if a meeting/discussion had occurred we would have heard about it.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Munch has got to know that he's not getting another NFL HC job anytime soon (likely never). If he'd let his insistence on keeping LOWgains around cost him this gig then WOW. Talk about loyalty.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree that 2 is wore than 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar