Looks like Cutler might become a Jet

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

even Peter King seems to think so., - "the Jets still hope to get a quarterback with the fourth pick of the draft (they've got Jay Cutler written all over them, if he makes it to four, or if they can move up to two with John Abraham as bait)"

and other mocks are starting to project Cutler to #4

good job Jay, Congratulations
    (there's still no guarantee that he's there @ #4 :brow:)

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't see it.. well I see it, but considering they restructured Pennington, isn't it a little early to draft another QB in the first round? It's not like they can really pawn Pennington off anywhere after the draft.

3. I don't think the Jets need Cutler, I thought Chad Pennington played well for the Jets before the injury, I mean look at his red zone efficiancy, no red zone interceptions. They do not need another QB from the 1st round, they should draft Ferguson, or A.J

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd rather them move up to #3 with Abraham bait. We'd still get our man.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Pennington experiment is over
    my guess is that they restructured him to ease his cap hit
    -not to prolong his career with the Jets

I don't really see Jay going #4 overall either
    but I d see him Top 10 now - with Oakland being the last resort
    they released Collins ... they need a QB with an arm

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

which would be ?

7. Now That is a Right Quote:winker:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's looking more and more that cutler will be a titan...

With cutler's exellent workouts and issues about young's wonderlic scores it is looking more like that is what we will do. Cutler had the same 40 time as omar jacobs and had the strongest arm in the whole combine.

Cutler also put up a lineman like number of reps with the 225 lbs and it's hard not to see him as young brett favre. If he was the 10th rated player in this draft before the combine it's not hard to see him 3rd now.

9. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Tide, I completey agree (except I think Cutler had the second strongest arm if you measure it by ball speed...) :winker:

Its kind of ironic- with all the debates we've had recently, i think we actually come down about the same when we evaluate who we like, where. :smile:

10. The Jets will take the Brick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar