Looks like Cutler might become a Jet

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I thought Ingle Martin threw faster than him...

2. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Ingle Martin threw maybe 1mph or 2 faster

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ingle Martin really doesn't count but he could be an interesting guy to bring in as an UDFA. He is a pretty good punter and could be a 3rd QB possibility.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If they pick Cutler, I wouldn't fault them, although I think it's a bit of a reach. You have to draft what you need, and the Jet's need a qb desperately if Pennington really is damaged goods. The Division itself is kind of weak and one good player could make the difference.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ingle went to my highschool (MBA). He started 4 varisty sports all through highschool. I saw him kick a 55 yarder in highschool. I haven't heard much of him in college, what round is he projected in?

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

After a short stint starting for the Gators (in which he did pretty decent actually btw), he transferred to DIAA Furman where he went on to have a pretty good career. I'm not sure where he's projected, but I would guess he might get a spot in the 6th-undrafted area. At the very least, he is a great athlete who could probably step right in and be a good boost on special teams.

8. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

yea and keep pennington

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My mistake...

I suggested that cutler will probably be a titan. I spoke too soon. While cutler's great combine performance combined with questions about young have pulled the two closer it still proably doesn't mean cutler is worth the 3rd pick and probably neither is young.

Look there are simply too many fantastic prospects for us to reach for a guy just because he is a QB. Mario williams, dbrick and hawk and while cutler impressed in the combine so did those guys.

Imagine for example KVB moving to right end with the 6'7 295 lb williams at left end? Williams a kevin carter type end had 35 reps @ 225 lbs. He also pulled a 4.66 40! Awesome! Hawk ran a 4.57 at the combine with 24 reps. He weighs 240 lbs.

Let's be honest, totally honest. The 5 best players in this draft are bush, lienart, williams, dbrick and hawk. Only after those guys do we start considering cutler and young. I am becoming more convinced of that.

10. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

brick overated

i heard on radio that def coordinators in acc tha he wasnt even selected best ol in league,winston from miami was we could maybe pick him up in 2nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar