Looks like the Jets are hiring...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Todd Bowles as their new HC. Welcome to New York.

Now we see what he has in store for the OC and whether they will be desparate for Winston or Mariota...

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cool beans. Good hire, lets see if he can win a SB as a player and HC.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I think it is a good hire, but wonder if they would have been better off with an offensive minded HC. Really depends on who they get at OC I guess. Hope whoever they get at OC has a loud voice and a big hunger for Mariota or Winston. Hiring another defensive coach to lead should make them feel more motivated to get a top QB in there for their fans. IMO

4. kenny

kenny Starter

I think Bowles will do well as a HC. He will have his hands very full in NY, especially if they do not find him a decent QB. Geno Smith is not going to get the job done IMO

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Like the hiring, also like Rex at Buffalo I think both are good fits. Jets needed a defensive minded head coach they need to take the route the Bills did to become wild card contenders.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I assume Marrone will not be an HC this year.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

BTW, the word is the Jets really wanted Dan Quinn for the HC job and Kyle Shanahan (who installed the Zone/Read for RG3's great rookie season in Wash) so the thinking was that the Bucs would take Winston and Mariota would fall to them and they could install a spread type offense for him. Problem is, the Jets don't wanna wait til after the SB to talk to Quinn again and Shanahan probably wouldn't wait that long either to not take another job. So they pulled the trigger on Bowles. The biggest question is...who's gonna be their OC and what style offense can they run...which leads back to...who's gonna be your QB?

If I were them I'd grab Shanahan with 3 possible QB starters...if RG3 gets cut, could go after him. If Cap gets cut could go after him. Or I think Mariota will be there for them at 6 in the draft.

If they get a more conventional OC, they will look for a Hoyer or something but really try to trade up to #2 for Winston if the Bucs don't take him. The prevailing theory in NY is that the Jets can't get up to #2 because of the Rams/Redskins trade. Most don't know the Skins severely overpaid for that move and we could take fair value. Then again, the Jets are desparate!!!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Redksins spent over 5000 points on the draft value chart to execute that trade, the pick was only worth 2600!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Bowles should be a great hire but they're going from D minded coach to D minded coach; Chan Gailey has his work cut out for him. Anyone think Gailey would prefer Mariota to Winston? He likes to play FAST

Once again, Seahawks deep run is hurting Quinn -- Although he'll probably still get the Atlanta job, which would be a good decision by the Falcons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar