Looks like Tulloch is probably gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Titans have traditionally done that with players they are sure about. Finnegan was locked up for cheap. Both offensive tackles were.

Some players just want to hit free agency. Others have too many question marks to lock up.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It makes perfect sense especially for mid or late round picks. You have a guy making 800K or less who maybe gets a 250k workout bonus. All his original bonus money is long gone probably in his first year. Maybe he has a sibling who needs money for college, another who wants to start a small business. He might be paying on 2 homes, one in this area and another where his family is. There is also the risk of a career ending injury.

Somebody offers you a 5 year $20M deal with a $4M SB you would have to take it rather than wait a year.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Poor Tully, just lost himself some good money. Maybe the Eagles kick the tires and make a fair offer.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm sure Tulloch will find a team somewhere, don't know who though. I could still see him going to Detriot and Durant playing OLB.

I'm sure the Titans have an offer on the table, and are just refusing to pay him anymore. If Tulloch does leave, I suggest Kirk Morrison, Nick Barnett, Rocky McIntosh, or Kevin Burnett. Whoever we sign between Tulloch or the other 4 FA LBs start ILB. Then McCarthy is the backup. Witherspoon, Ayers, McRath, and Curran battle it out for the two starting spots.

5. JCBRAVE

I'm calling it now, Tulloch to Dallas.

6. xpmar9x

With what money? lol

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Tulloch in the 3-4? No way, he'd get clobbered.

8. JCBRAVE

Tully is not "small" he's short. He's 240, only 2lbs lighter than Dallas' starting MLB. Are you saying he's not strong enough to shed blocks?

Well here's my reasoning for Tulloch to Dallas. He believes he's hot stuff number one. Then once he realizes Miami isn't an option, he'll think about us, but it doesn't seem that the Titans are interested in him for what he is asking for. I have a feeling we will at some point offer him a deal, but for now we're letting his head deflate. The Detroit deal falling thru only helps us get him cheaper. He's got an idea now what he's worth. Dallas certainly has limited funds, however, Jerry Jones has made it clear they'll do what ever it takes to get players they want. The chatty owner also has a thing for Jeff Fisher. Keith Brooking hasn't played up to his contract, and I suspect he could be a cap casualty. Tulloch will be the best defensive free agent talent in a few days. Dallas drafted a hurt Bruce Carter, so LB is a position they want talent at.

9. xpmar9x

I think DAL is fine with Bradie James and Sean Lee. They need to use the little money they have on a S.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Tulloch has earned his big payday, I just don't want us to be the team that gives it to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar