Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Looks like we might get Abraham.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, May 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Moolah:
    $1,655
    Chargers agreed to terms with DE/OLB Dwight Freeney, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.
    33-year-old Freeney recorded 12 tackles and five sacks in the Colts' 3-4 defense last season, but it wasn't a particularly strong fit for his skill set. He was expected to eye a return back to the 4-3, but money talks and the Chargers had a huge need for a pass rusher after losing Melvin Ingram to a torn ACL. Freeney should see significant snaps opposite Jarret Johnson, and the Chargers have already stated that they could tinker their defense to better suit the veteran. Freeney will not lack scheme familiarity. He played in Chuck Pagano's defense in 2012, and Chuck's brother John is the Chargers' defensive coordinator.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $297
    expected, now lets get the ball rolling on Abe
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,184
    Dude wants too many snaps. Like... All of them lol.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $297
    we could always take them from Morgan, he wasn't doing anything with them.
    Ghost high fives this.
  3. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,737
    I think he ends up signing with us or retiring. It looks as though the market has made it clear: take what you can get or hang up your cleats.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,184
    Eh Morgan has been somewhat lack luster but he's been coming on. I'm not saying it's guaranteed but neither is abe
  5. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,357
    Morgan really came on strong during the second half of the season. I think the main problem is that we want Abraham is a situationial pass rusher, while he wants to be a full time starter. We already have two starting DEs in Morgan and Wimbley, both of which are long term prospects for the team, while Abraham is on the last leg of his career.

Also, if Freeney was able to get over 4.3 million a year, I don't want to imagine what Abraham thinks he is worth. :irked:
  6. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,737
    Abraham is frankly better than Wimbley or Morgan, even if he is "on the last leg of his career."
  7. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,184
    Could be. Could be Hutchinson
    nbtoppers2, titantrusince82 and Aqutis30 high five this.
  8. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,185
    He can't be worse than Kearse during his second stint with the Titans.