Looks like we might get Abraham.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Chargers agreed to terms with DE/OLB Dwight Freeney, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.
    33-year-old Freeney recorded 12 tackles and five sacks in the Colts' 3-4 defense last season, but it wasn't a particularly strong fit for his skill set. He was expected to eye a return back to the 4-3, but money talks and the Chargers had a huge need for a pass rusher after losing Melvin Ingram to a torn ACL. Freeney should see significant snaps opposite Jarret Johnson, and the Chargers have already stated that they could tinker their defense to better suit the veteran. Freeney will not lack scheme familiarity. He played in Chuck Pagano's defense in 2012, and Chuck's brother John is the Chargers' defensive coordinator.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

expected, now lets get the ball rolling on Abe

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Dude wants too many snaps. Like... All of them lol.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

we could always take them from Morgan, he wasn't doing anything with them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I think he ends up signing with us or retiring. It looks as though the market has made it clear: take what you can get or hang up your cleats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clark

Eh Morgan has been somewhat lack luster but he's been coming on. I'm not saying it's guaranteed but neither is abe

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Morgan really came on strong during the second half of the season. I think the main problem is that we want Abraham is a situationial pass rusher, while he wants to be a full time starter. We already have two starting DEs in Morgan and Wimbley, both of which are long term prospects for the team, while Abraham is on the last leg of his career.

Also, if Freeney was able to get over 4.3 million a year, I don't want to imagine what Abraham thinks he is worth. :irked:

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Abraham is frankly better than Wimbley or Morgan, even if he is "on the last leg of his career."

9. Clark

Could be. Could be Hutchinson

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

He can't be worse than Kearse during his second stint with the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar