Looks like we might get Abraham.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Also, per PFF, a recent Undervalued vs Overvalued:

Undervalued
    1. Derrick Morgan, Defensive End
    If you looked at Morgan’s first two years, and even a month into his 2012 season, he looked like a bust. Then things lit up for him in the last 11 weeks of the season where his Pass Rushing Productivity was 13.0, which would have led all 4-3 defensive ends. He is decent in the run game and rarely misses tackles, which now puts him up among the great pass rushing ends. As long as he can keep it up for the remainder of his rookie contract he should be ready for a big pay day.
    2012 Cap Hit: $2.3m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $11.5m
    Value Differential: +$9.1m

2. Jurrell Casey, Defensive Tackle
    He is one of many cases where the Titans have recently had more hits than misses on the defensive line in recent drafts. He has become a dominant tackle in stopping the run, and his Run Stop Percentage of 8.4% was eighth-best at the position. He doesn’t give as much as a pass rusher, which makes it harder for him to get publicity, but being among the best in the run game is enough to make him deserve a big contract.
    2012 Cap Hit: $650k
    2012 Performance Based Value: $7.4m
    Value Differential: +$6.8m

3. Jason McCourty, Cornerback
    Prior to the 2012 season, McCourty signed a new contract so his cap hit will be a bit higher in future years. Still, he played well enough to warrant more money in 2012 than he will be getting in any future year. He had 15 combined interceptions and passes defended, and his 11 stops in the run game ranked sixth among cornerbacks. He was penalized only twice all year, which gets you a very good cornerback in all aspects of the game.
    2012 Cap Hit: $4.8m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $9.2m
    Value Differential: +$4.4m

4. Alterraun Verner, CB – Cap: $680k, PBV: $5.0m, Value Differential: +$4.3m
    5. Mike Martin, DT – Cap: $530k, PBV: $4.4m, Value Differential: +$3.8m
    6. Fernando Velasco, C – Cap: $620k, PBV: $3.6m, Value Differential: +$3.0m
    7. Jake Locker, QB – Cap: $2.9m, PBV: $5.5m, Value Differential: +$2.7m
    8. Zach Brown, OLB – Cap: $700k, PBV: $2.8m, Value Differential: +$2.1m
    9. Michael Roos, OT – Cap: $7.3m, PBV: $8.6m, Value Differential: +$1.4m
    10. Karl Klug, DT – Cap: $520k, PBV: $1.7m, Value Differential: +$1.2m

1. Chris Johnson, Halfback
    Most likely if you were asked who the most overvalued Titan was, you wouldn’t need us to help you with the answer. If you look just at Johnson’s 4.5 yards per carry, you might think you have a pretty good back. However he broke three runs for 80+ yards, and on the other 273 he had just 3.6 yards per carry, with just 1.7 of them coming after contact. If you want to pay someone $3 million per long run than he is almost worth it, but if not then Johnson’s contract is a problem.
    2012 Cap Hit: $11.4m2012 Performance Based Value: $1.4mValue Differential: -$10.1m

2. Will 'Spoon, LB

3. Michael Griffin, Safety
    In 2011 Griffin was in his contract year, and he had a strong season which led to a nice contract for him. Then in 2012 we saw his yards per catch allowed go from 10.5 to 17.1, his passes defended shrink from six to zero, and his missed tackles increase from 10 to 22. Griffin will have a larger cap hit against the Titans over the next few years, so his play will need to turn around in order for him not to become a mainstay on the overvalued list.
    2012 Cap Hit: $4.3m2012 Performance Based Value: $940kValue Differential: -$3.4m
    4. Matt Hasselbeck, QB – Cap: $7.5m, PBV: $4.2m, Value Differential: -$3.3m
    5. Leroy Harris, G* – Cap: $4.0m, PBV: $700k, Value Differential: -$3.3m
    6. David Stewart, OT – Cap: $6.0m, PBV: $2.8m, Value Differential: -$3.2m
    7. Nate Washington, WR – Cap: $4.3m, PBV: $1.2m, Value Differential: -$3.1m
    8. Steve Hutchinson, G – Cap: $3.5m, PBV: $930k, Value Differential: -$2.6m
    9. Kamerion Wimbley, DE – Cap: $4.3m, PBV: $2.0m, Value Differential: -$2.3m
    10. Rob Bironas, K – Cap: $3.7m, PBV: $2.4m, Value Differential: -$1.2m

--

DW, you really think that bro?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Wow.. I'm still pissed at our FO for picking Wiffin over Feisty "Flagged" Finnegan. With Wiffin's pay increasing each year, we should part ways with him if he doesn't have a good season.

Props for drafting well recently, however.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I was simply quoting a post, was not a reflection on the contract I think he will garner.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Well... Why does our defense blow?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Because they are incredibly young and have been under the control of Jerry Grey :shakehead: With some more time and our savior Gregg Williams, these guys will become a good defense.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jason McCourty F'n sucks. most overrated player on this team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to agree. I feel like Dewey Cox's dad. "Wrong CB got paid".

8. nickmsmith

[​IMG]

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

LOL

On the real though..McCourty isn't bad at all. He just looks bad when he has to guard the opposing teams best WR all the time and the pass rush isn't getting to the QB. I really hope Blidi Wreh works out because McCourty would be a great #2. He just can't guard the best of the best. I was really looking forward to getting a X Rhodes or a D Amerson or J Banks because I feel like they would have been immediate #1's on this team. Moving McCourty to 2 and Verner to nickel would have been sweet. Maybe Blidi Wreh will be just as good though...Hopefully.

10. nickmsmith

he angers the P@#@ out of me, because he gets burned, then he makes a nice play later on, and all is redeemed. It happens all the time. He's boom or bust, and it drives me insane. Not a consistent performer. Wrong kid died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar