Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChitownTitan

ChitownTitan Guest

Profootballtalk is reporting that Young scored a 6 on his wonderlic. Again, that's a six. Out of fifty. Or to put it another way, dumb as a brick.

If this is the case there is no way you draft him in the first round at all. How are you supposed to train a "project" when he can't even read "Dick and Jane" books.

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

If he really got a 6...

....on his Wonderlic test, do you still want Vince Young?

:hmm:

That's a 6 out of 50!!!!

:ha: :ha: :ha:

(I will admit this is something I read as a "rumor"...I don't know if it's true...but the question remains the same: If it's true, do you still want him?)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sure as long as he gets a 6 on sundays. How has Mannings wonderlick score worked out for the dolts? yep exactly.

Michael Irving is a total idiot, and he is sporting 3 rings. Rothesberglaheer probably did not have to turn down any Rhode Scholarships to go into the NFL and he has a ring.

I'll take a football player ahead of a stat geek any day.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

he'll still go top 10 at worst..because he doesn't have to read "Dick and Jane" books on the field. Just know where not to throw the ball.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Getting is a six is really awful though....

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not seeing any confirmation of this and until we do, I don't put much into anything I hear from PFT.

7. So if we draft him, Tagliabue can say: "With the 3rd pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select Vince Young, Water Distribution Engineer, University of Texas."

You can do it!
    [​IMG]

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I was thinking the same thing Kami, as I was reading GoT's post. The question is what did Leinart and Cutler score for comparisons sake?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You'd think he'd take a pre-wonderlic to determine if he should even take the wonderlic. But then again, you see the word wonderlic, and you gotta think that is something worth looking into. I don't understand why anyone in his position would take it if they knew they were not that bright. Dexter Manley here we come. This is where a good agent lies his rear off and people believe him.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If true he will retest that is a given.

If this is an issue where was his agent, who is supposed to have his best interests looked after? If this is an issue his agent should have had him taking wonderlicks 4 times a day just to get him familiar with the test. Any idiot should be able to get into double digits just by being familiar with the test. It progresses failrly rapidly from really really simple to multi variable situations. Getting above 30 is impressive and those guys who get 40+ are test taking wonders. Aren't kickers known for scoring high on that test.

All that aside I do agree that it would be a bit disconcerning to have a QB with the mental capacity of a below average DT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar