Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

One of the funniest draft day things I can remember was on the post draft wrapup Berman narrated a montage about how come all the NFL ignored Bobby Bouchet (or however it is spelled) that bit was hilarious.

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

I don't think re-testing is an option. It ain't the SAT.

There are 50 questions on the test...you get 12 minutes to take it. If you can't get more than 6 you're not much smarter than a goal post.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060225/SPORTS0303/602250529&theme=

3. They do allow re-tests. But still, the fact that he scored a 6 the first time isn't going to go away if it's true...

2 words: Pig Prather

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Still awaiting any sort of confirmation...

5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

What did McNair score on that? He's no rocket scientist, but he was an MVP QB and took us to a Super Bowl.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

Wow I can't believe what I am seeing happen before my eyes. Who in the hell cares if he can't get a question like "If jonny is twice as old as nick." If the man score touchdowns who cares. Starkiller, wino, KamikaZ, and ChitownTitan and all of you haters, lets see what you say about him if we do draft him and he starts producin in a few years what then? I will tell you all what will be happening, you will be eating all those words you have just said. We draft people who win games, not answer dumba** questions get it!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In Theory, IN THEORY, a more intelligent QB should be able to handle a more complex O, more formations, more audibles from those formations ect.

In pratice most QB are all but excluded from making more than either or audibles. And most of the time it is as simple as 8 in the box audible to the pass, 7 in the box audible to the run. Yes there are exceptions but that is why they are exceptions and not the rule. So having a QB that has crayons in his playbook could still win a championship seeing as how most HCs and OCs retain as much playcalling power as possible - that's what that radio is all about.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see how you can say it doesn't matter. Of course it matters if he made a 6. Otherwise, they wouldn't be taking the test in the first place.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Given that he ran a reasonably simple shotgun offense only at college, it probably does matter. Learning a pro offense and lining up against pro defense, I'd like my QB to at least have some sort of brain guiding his decision making..

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

First off, get off the man's nutsack. That much love for a dude you never even met isn't healthy cous.

Second, I'm not even sure if this is true.

Third, assuming he did get a 6, this isn't just a below average or poor score. It means you basically have no common sense. Did you see some of those questions? There was a freakin' ADDITION question on there. I've seen interviews with him, seen him play, and really doesn't seem like an idiot. But a six out of 50 will make you think. A QB has to be intelligent, period, to run an NFL offense. It's not like on the D-line or a wideout where a low IQ won't kill you. A QB has GOT be somewhat intelligent.

Remember, Brock Berlin got a six too, he turned out well. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar