Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well other sources claim he took the exact same test again.

But if you want to claim that you're right based on loose rumours that nobody can confirm, don't let me stop you.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So basically what you're telling me is that

a) you dodged my question.

and

b) you know whether or not scouts moved A.J. up or down their board based on his pro day workout.

Sure buddy...

"Of course according 2008 we can just look at film and tell he runs fast so maybe young need not get times at all then."

Where is that at ? I said that if he didn't run, it probably wouldn't hurt his stock. It's really tiring watching you put words into people's mouth so that you can win (in your own head of course) an argument. Really, try to grow up and use actual quotes.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap 2008!

I think any fool can look at his game film and tell that he runs sub 4.5.
    --------------------------

You actually placed a time on how you think he runs based on watching him and then defended the fact he didn't run. I have a right to draw conclusions based on what you say. If you say something stupid and contradictory it's not my fault. Why would you as a fan not want to see how young would run in comparison to other QBs on the same track? You are not his agent.

As to how i would think of young if he ran a 4.7? I would think he's not worth a 3rd pick because guys like hawk would be chasing him. If he can't beat jay cutler in a race i don't want to draft him that high.

I don't think aj hawk has moved up at all the last week. Almost everyone thinks that dbrick and williams are above him and mel kiper now has huff ahead of him for what that is worth.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted

What loose rumors? What in the hell are you talking about? I wasn't even referring specifically about vince young but you are so full of hate and venom you didn't even know that.

My entire point is that a person who can't read well will not score as well on that test! What about that don't you understand?

And why in the hell under any circumstances would they give the exact same test with the exact same questions to someone twice? That test result wouldn't be valid then.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well considering this entire thread is about Vince Young's test I took your post in that context. And therefor assumed that you meant Vince Young got a new test with more shapes and less text. But we don't know if he did or not.

Well, that's fine and I agree. But if it's just a general opinion on how reading comprehension problems can affect testscores, it doesn't really fit under this thread, since this is specific for Vince Young.

And yes, administering the same test twice is problematic, which might (and I reiterate MIGHT) be why the NFL have tried to ignore the whole deal.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You just passed over Jerry Rice and his blazing 4.6. Just because they have the same 40 time, we can clearly see that Young is faster on film. Only a fool puts more stock into the combine than game film. Who cares though, he's not a good sprinter so let's just pass him up lol.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A 4.6 40 is the same as a 4.7? On what planet? And what does a 4.6 time for a WR 21 years ago have to do with this discussion? 4.6 wasn't that bad back then.

Nobody puts a combine ahead of game film where did you get that idea that i would? The nfl does have this very expensive combine every year. If it is such a worthless exercise why do they do it? A players actual performance always comes first.

Young is going to run and get times. I just thought it would have been nice to run those times on the same field as almost every other QB in this draft.

Do you think vince young is too good for the combine? That his status as a prospect is so cememnted he need not compete?

Is vince young's status higher or lower since the combine?

Jay cutler participated, has his status improved?

Of course we now know that there are more concerns about young and we all know that cutler's status has been elevated. Had young run a 4.7 it would have been disappointing. This is a guy who is supposed to be one of the best athletes to ever enter the draft. The best since vick anyway. Vick sure didn't run a 4.7.

We are talking about the 3rd pick here. I would hope the player we pick is someone special.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Special?
    You mean like special, special?
    [​IMG]
    Because this, :rolleyes: is short bus special...

Man, Vince Young is an enigma to me. Then again, I must be retarded because I think Matt Leinart has got the stuff. Honestly though, I think people have a hard time believing that Vince Young is for real...

He's done so many crazy... he plays like it's a video game... Remember the MNF game with the Eagles and the Cowboys...McNabb runs right, runs left, reverses field again and throws 81 yard bomb or something like that? Vince Young just keeps doing that kind of stuff... What about this kid with autism that can shoot basketball like Raymond from "Rain Man" can count a box of spilled toothpicks...? How do you guys think Pacman Jones would do on one of those Wonderlic tests? Are they just for qb's?

I'm not for Vince Young ... I want Matt Leinart just because... If we did have Vince Young I would not be unhappy at all. I'd be nervous... I'd be fine with it though...Vince Young has got alot of reward. Vince Young in a best case scenario would be better than pretty much whatever... It's just about risk and reward. I think he's too risky and that's why the Titans will end up with someone else.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, it's very close. A 4.6 for a WR is a lot worse than a 4.7 for a QB...

What does it have to do with Young ? You said that if he ran a 4.7 he wouldn't be worthy of a top pick. 4.6 is not fast for a WR. It wasn't fast for a WR 20 years ago. I hope we can agree that Rice wouldn't have been the best player of all time if he ran the same speed as every player in the secondary he burned.

Nobody ? ...

What is that then ? You saw him run away from everybody on USC's and Oklahoma's teams. Are you telling me that if he ran a 4.7 at the combine then all of them run 4.8 or slower ?

Too good for the combine ? It's a personal choice, not mine...

Again, he obviously feels that he would rather take a guaranteed top 10 pick rather than risk having a bad day at the combine and getting passed over by a shortsighted GM.

I would say lower, but that would be his own fault for not preparing for the Wonderlic (much less educating himself during his four years at a state university). I don't think it would have mattered if he had run a 4.3 with his Wonderlic score.

Not really. He showed us exactly what we already knew. Good athlete, inconsistant QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar