Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm with you Kami and Carpy, I mean, did we just find out the real reason why he did run the zone step offense? Did Mack Brown take away all of his offense and just put him in the shotgun and run playground ball? He seems like a nice kid, but still, I want someone who can read back there READING defenses and making the important decisions a QB needs to make. And remember, once the play is called, and the guys line up, the speaker in the headset turns off, so he doesn't have anyone telling him what to do.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He probably didn't hear the 2 minute warning. That is when he shines.

3. Enoch

Enoch Guest

PFT also reported that Pacman failed a drug test before the draft, which turned out to be false as well....They report anything and everything.

The only thing Titans fans need to know is how he plays on the football field, not if he can quote Einstein and extrapolate on his theories.

4. McNair scored a 15, which is considered low for a QB. But given his background in a poor family in Mississippi, that may not have been any shock.

The fact is, the wonderlic doesn't test you to see if you can read defenses or go through progressions. But it does test your general level of education and intelligence (you can have raw intelligence and not have a decent education).

Can a guy who can't score higher than a 6 hope to learn an NFL offense? Texas had to simplify their offense for Vince Young to succeed. To me, this just gives teams more of a moment of pause when it comes to evaluating Young's ability to be an NFL QB. The wonderlic isn't everything, but it does hit him where the questions about his ability are the biggest.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i remember michael irvin saying one day " all of those balls i caught at miami, and they're asking me these questions?! i just put answers down."

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Part of being educated is having enough discipline to make it a priority to educate yourself. Every qb that takes the Wonderlic test has had an opportunity to take it upon themselves to get an education. If someone makes a 6, it may mean that they just aren't very intelligent. Or it could mean that they're lazy. I don't like handing millions of dollars in guaranteed signing bonus to someone that's lazy.

Personally, if he made a 6, I would prefer that he be an idiot.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i thought it was when the play clock gets to ten, but it doesnt matter regardless.

8. But can he call the play while counting down from 10 to 0 on his fingers? :ha:

9. PFT is now reporting their initial rumor of the 6 as having been "confirmed".

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

What the hell does that have any reference about anyways. Wouldn't you rather him checking off or trying to figure out the defense in front of him. I think he can count though. What not to like about a winner and find me the evidence that Texas had to waterdown their Offense so he could understand it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar