Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Looking at the list of previous Wonderlic's, everyone who scored lower than a 15, were very solid College QBs, but never amounted to anything as a pro. The list includes, Tee Martin(Tennessee Favorite, won the big game I might add, opposed to the horrible Peyton Manning)the great Heath Shuler, Ell Roberson, Michael Bishop, etc. These guys all have one thing in common, they are all dual threats, run and pass QBs, just like Young and weren't able to complete their success in the Pro environment, NOT because of a lack of athleticism, but because they couldn't process defenses.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If it was an accurate test of intelligence, you wouldn't see people taking the test over and doubling their scores (unless they cheated :p).

I was surprised to see that the average chemist score was only 31. I'm not sure I believe some of this data to be honest. Even so, scoring a 6 on a multiple choice test means that not only are you a complete idiot... you don't even have good luck. If he made a 6, I'm not drafting him anywhere in the top 10.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But look at the language used. "With pro prospects running and jumping inside the RCA Dome, word outside began to spread that Young scored a six on the Wonderlic test given to prospects."

It doesn't say the score was a 6. It said word spread that it was a 6. So it is, and will likely remain, only a rumor.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

When he falls out of the top 5, we'll know why lol.

5. TitanJeff

6. Just ask Ricky Williams about the NFL's confidential drug testing results...

7. TitanJeff

Did the NFL release information of his first offense? I didn't know they were obligated to keep anything beyond that confidential.

8. The NFL basically isn't allowed to release anything about testing other than the fact that they have suspended a player and how long the suspension is.

Confidential info gets leaked out all the time. The media always has "sources" inside the league offices.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Peyton Manning produced immediately. The 1998 Colts record did not reflect it at 3-13 but Peyton Manning had 3739 passing yards, good for third in the league and first in the AFC. This was for a team that not only failed to make the playoffs but only won 3 games all year in his rookie season. The boy can call some audibles and it's a test for reasoning in basic principle. Just think of all the raw athletic talent Manning lacks?:suspect: Could anyone here underate a 40? :suspect: It's a test too. The results of all these various tests are things that I would call indicators. Has anyone ever seen Peyton Manning over-think his way to a loss? Manning sees too much. Still, Vince Young needs more of what Peyton Manning has (or had at VYoung's age) ... perhaps he'd produce right out of the box? :suspect: Everybody knows Manning could use a touch more of what Vince Young has.:suspect:

10. TitanJeff

Right. I'm just not following your example of Ricky Williams. I don't think it took a rocket scientist to know what substance was the issue with him once the NFL said he's been found in violation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar