Losing Bulluck in 10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

What would losing bulluck mean to the team and fans if we dont resign him? Knowing our previous admin we wont attempt to resign him but maybe the new regime may be a little different. I personally consider him to be the a staple in this team. He has been here for 10 years now and that has got to count for something. i know it doesnt but in my little head it does

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure i understand your point there.

It all depends on how impressed they are with our young linebackers. Keglar showed solid progress i thought at that weaksise position but for mcgrath it's too early to tell and he played in the middle a lot. My guess is that we draft another OLB in the 3rd or 4th rd, resign tulloch and move on. Bulluck doesn't think he will be back so i assume this is his last year but it will be a memorable year with a ring.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Bulluck will drink from whatever well has the most water... and that probably ain't in Nashville.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

osing bulluck will be like losing eddie. Except eddie wasn't producing as much as he used to. While bulluck has consistently been a tackling machine and one of the top(yet underrated) linebacker in the league. Fisher is a defensive guy and know that losing keith will be a large blow because of his leadership. Im sure keith will be around. kvb, im not so sure. If he has another year like last year then he may be gone. And the freak, i love that guy. Great play for cheap. we will sign him, no problem. He looks to be in great shape.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The fact that he's been so valuable for 10 years won't matter much - and it shouldn't. The only things that will matter are 1) how good is he as a player now, 2) how much will it take to keep him, and 3) for how long.

The answer to #1 puts him in a totally different category than Eddie, Steve, Jevon, and Haynesworth. He is still playing at a high level, and the Titans haven't had to deal with injuries at all. If he keeps that up then the answer to #2 is tough, but he's already making some serious money. The contract length would probably be more of an issue than the salary - how many years does he have left?

The Titans have been pretty good at judging how much a player has left in the tank, and the difference between a 2 year $20M deal and a 4 year $40M deal is huge - but both value him as one of the top LBs in the league just for different terms (not that he'll get $40 M, but I kept the numbers simple). That's when you start looking at the depth behind him, knowing at some point he'll be declining while the young guys will be improving. If McGrath gives them reason to think he can handle the job, it doesn't make much sense to keep Bulluck too long - but someone else will.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I say 4 yrs. If we win a superbowl then he'll probably retire at the top of his game. Or he may stay to try and repeat. fIf we fail then he may retire. Bulluck wants a super bowl. And he wants to stay here in tennessee. However he isn't expecting to stay here based on how the titans dealt with past players. But he doesn't realize that his play is different because he consitently plays at a high elite level each year. He will not try to make us fork over a bunch of cash. He just wants to be paid like he is now.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd say that you're making bad predictions, since you think Bulluck will stay and KVB will go, when we've started negotiations with KVB but not with Bulluck.

Also, Kearse is done after this year. We might sign him to a one year deal for cheap, but that's about it.

8. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

ya i think he is a rarity in today's football players, i mean i know he wants to get paid (dont we all) but i dont see him being a very high demanding player. He strikes me as being a littl eold school and loyal in those aspect. i think he will stay as long as our #s are close to what he needs. I am kinda biased here cause he has really been my favorite as long as i have been a titans fan and he is just a classy guy imo. that doesnt mean he will stay but at some point his leadership capabilities has to play some sort of a role in their decision making right

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im not saying we won't keep kvb. I was reffering to that other thread that was asking which one would you keep. Im sure we will try to keep both, but if we had to choose one. I think the titans would rather have keith.And i think jevon has some years left also. He wil most likely retire a titan.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I've sat on a plane with Bulluck, talked to him about this. Keith loves Nashville but he will leave in a second. It's all a business to him and he seen how the Titans did Steve and Eddie and like he said he's no where near as meaningful to the franchise as them. He would love to play at home in NY. At this point in his career he is looking for his last contract and will go where the money is best and I don't blame him.

As for the Titans, KVB is a priority and signing Bulluck is slim to none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar