Losing interest in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm 15 years older than I was when I got on board with the Titans. It has been a steady decline of satisfaction not only with the team, but the NFL as well.

The game has been watered down so much during that period and so much BS political correctness has been infused that I've lost a lot of interest. Goodell has been full of chit, the owners are gropers (Jerry Jones) and dopers (Irsay) and our franchise ALWAYS seems a day late and a dollar short when it comes to being truly competitive.

I don't hardly watch games any more. Going to them is as satisfying as kissing a cousin. Hangovers hurt more than they used to and all my rowdy friends have settled down.

My point in posting this just to see if anybody else feels their TITAN flame has faded and even if their interest in the NFL has waned as well. I don't think my disinterest is solely because we suck so bad, but also because I have little faith in TITAN and NFL leadership.

• Cheers x 4
    • Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I feel the exact same way, the product seems vastly watered down and the people you are supporting seem to be the scum of the earth. Honestly, the only thing that really keeps me around is fantasy football and this board.

I feel defense is nowhere to be found and that the NFL is trying to create superstars. The NFL is the equivalent of that greasy used car dealer with all the decade old gold jewelry. I just get the feeling that they are going out of their way to try and sell me something I have no interest in.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I get more out of college football myself. If things don't turn around, I'll lose interest completely...

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, its pretty much FFL and GoTitans that keeps my interest too....and I'm slacking on FFL. I dont watch or follow any other team any more. I think it has more to do with my age and current life's responsibilities; it's all very different from when I started folowing.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I used to watch three games a week, at least. Now I watch the titans.......when they compete, and that's it.

A lot of it is to do with rule changes. Much more had to do with the fact that politics has taken it over. It is no longer the escape from the grind that it used to be.

I think your feeling about the nfl is far more wide spread than any of us know. The time of its relevance is slowly coming to an end.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I've been a fan since the last days of Earl Campbell, the Luv Ya Blue Oilers. I've lost my tolerance with the Titans, at least when the oilers sucked they had character and drama. These Titans are just pathetic from the top down, it's really sad.

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I gotta agree as well

I hear people on sports radio say the same thing about a water downed product

The radio hosts usually say "yeah yeah people complain yet they still always tune in regardless - you can't ever leave the NFL when it's all said and done..."

Which is true we as fans will always be hooked in some way or another

But our interest can decrease and it has for me, as much as I never thought it could or would

I recently cancelled my red zone channel - and that's my only way to watch the Titans, so far I'm not having any withdrawals from it - didn't see a second of the Titans - Texans game except the many times the JJ Watt TD was highlighted at nasusia - these games are becoming easier and easier not to watch as the season goes on

This team isn't giving me any reasons to resubscribe to red zone so maybe next year - but yes the NfL in general as a whole has been water downed and not as exciting as I remember it to be

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd say my interest is a high level as always. I ****ing love redzone, best thing to happen to the nfl IMO.

I will say my interest is waning now because fantasy is basically over as well as the titans season, but I'll be very interested to watch the playoff games as always

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I have been watching this team since 92 and this has been one of the worst years I have ever seen. They just seem to go through the motions week in and week out which is terrible. I have not lost interest in the nfl or titans but my level of excitement has been down for years on this team because they seem to miss at opportunities quite often and they don't seem to care. The NFL has been pussified by the owners in regard to hitting and what it used to be as well as defenses are no longer aloud to play. I miss the days of low scoring days where it was a grind it out game and every yard was a tough yard. Hits were real hits and no one complained they just got back up.

I can only hope that this team makes some goof choices in the off season and maybe the NFL will make some good choices as well but if they continue down this path this league may get watered down even more to the point were every game is a shoot out and that isn't good either imo.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All the rules that have been added require so much subjective interpretation it makes me question the legitimacy of each game. The seasons now appear contrived to ride public sentiment and maximize viewership/profit.

The owners have lost touch with the original nature of the game that made it great.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar