Loss of Hartwig and renewed running game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by afdds, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afdds

afdds Guest

I found this article in the Houston Post
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4278178.html

" ... In the offseason, the Panthers signed Tennessee center Justin Hartwig to a five-year, $17 million contract. He suffered a groin injury in the first game and, since he has been healthy, he has been inactive. ... "

Correlation or coincidence?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

coincidence? uh...no.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just find that funny.

I am glad he took the money and ran. Mawae is a kickass upgrade.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

With our younger guys stepping up what positions would you look at upgrading on the line in the draft? I like our young tackles and Bell is doing great at guard. We could pick up a center or two to train under Mawae and another bad arse gaurd to replace Olson

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We have Eugene Amano.

6. Nash

Nash Starter

Actually it appears Justin Geisinger may be getting the R guard backup job.. he played RT for Vandy, is a big strong guy ( set the lifting record at Vandy I think) and was drafted in the 5th round by Buffalo in 05 draft...since he can't really play RT in the pros , he's here learning to be a guard .. whether Amano has the quickness that Bell has I don't know, but he is a pretty good center...one major change in our line is that with Roos, Bell, and Mawae, the left side of our line can move pretty well while the right side are very powerful mauling type guys...

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I believe Amano is quicker than Olsen. I also believe he could be an upgrade.

Geisenger is supposed to be strong, I've read a knock on him is slow feet. And we even have Fred Matua, who looked like a good prospect.

So, do we have enough already here to work with for the future? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Keep Piller inactive. It's all I have to say, if we want the run game to continue burgeoning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar