Loudmouths in the movie theater

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Drives me nuts when I pay top dollar to see a flick in the theater and the SOB right next to us has to have a non-stop discussion throughout the movie. Cellphones ringing, texting, the whole 9 yards of cinema rudeness.
    What the hell is the matter with people?

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Most people have ADD due to all the tech stuff. Do what I did and PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE AND YELL, FAAALLLLCCCOOONNNN PPPUUUNNNCCCHHH!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

People who talk during movies should be executed.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A cup of ice solves this problem.

We've got plenty of these loudmouths in my area, usually some 15 year old boys trying to impress a girl with their arrogance.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Seriously though, I'm a huge movie buff and used to go see at least a movie a week. Nowadays though, I maybe make it once every couple of months. The talkers/texters just absolutely ruin it for me. It's not like you can rewind it so sometimes you end up missing a key piece of dialogue or something because some idiot was talking to his friend or making a "clever" sarcastic comment. Or you have some glowing blue inferno 3 rows in front of you that can't possibly be ignored.

Unfortunately it just seems to be getting worse and worse. I think Shanvhere nailed it with the ADD/tech reasoning. Also a lot of people just don't give a damn about anyone else these days.

When I do go to the theater I do my best to catch a matinee on a Sunday or something. At least that cuts down on the teeny bopper factor. And I'll try to wait a week or two after the film's release (if possible). Sucks. But I'd rather wait to see something than be stuck in there on opening night with 100 Cool Springs kids.

I know from experience that kids aren't the only problem. But they are definitely the most common offenders. I really wish 18 or even 21+ screenings were commonplace. Give me a room full of mature people, maybe some boos, and a good movie and I'm all set. :D

Oh, and I have been known to yell "SHUT THE #&^* UP!" to jerks who refuse to be quiet. One time this guy, probably 18 or so, and his girl were sitting behind me. Would not shut up the whole time. I give him the look. I give him a couple stern "SHHHH!"s. Keeps talking. I turn around and yell STFU. He gives me the kind of smug expression that only an 18 year old kid who thinks he's a big boy now can give. Keeps talking. Before I can even say anything he's getting yelled/cussed at from several different directions. Then he must've got his feelings hurt because they got up and left. Classic. :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The matinees and super late showings during the week are the ways to go. I'm a stickler for people talking/texting during movies, so I just try to avoid it.

But the absolute worst is when a couple brings a baby to the theater. Do you honestly believe that a baby is going to be quiet the entire two hours necessary it takes to watch a movie in public? Being inconsiderate is one thing, but just plain stupid is another.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Don't ask me how...but this summer I saw a woman bring her infant to Jackass 3D. I thought that was a little excessive.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Just start scratching your head, wiggling around and say loudly " These damn head lice are driving me crazy"!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Work on your jab.

A jab is quick and to the point. It's usually just enough to say everything that needs saying, without saying too much.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I was watching a movie a while back sitting in the very back, and there were these kids sitting in the far corner next to me. About 7 of them, 13-16 in age. They just keep laughing and carrying on. Well at one point they made a loud noise and I looked over real fast and screamed SHUT UP! They all started pointing at each other....then I said...I am just kidding, but keep it down a little. They ended up leaving about 10 minutes later.

What I hate more than the talking is when people behind you kick, touch, bump into your seat. I HATE HATE HATE that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar