Loudmouths in the movie theater

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

just move over by them and cut a huge smelly fart. They will leave then:brow:

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

For the crazy amount of money I spend on movie tickets, I expect free popcorn, drinks, a massage, an accountant to do my taxes, a new pair of shoes and 12 holes of golf.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've all but quit going to movies because of dealing with the rudeness.

Last movie I went to, the girl behind me kept pushing her knee or foot into the back of my seat. It would shake my chair. Very annoying. After about the third time, I turned around and looked at her just to let her know it was annoying me. I did it again after the fourth.

After the fifth time, I leaned forward as far as I could and slammed back on my seat and knocked whatever it was off.

That took care of it.

Movie theaters need to have "special showings" for adults over 30.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I blame our society of parents that failed to teach children decent manners or respect of others.

Unfortunately I see the problem continuing. Last movie I saw was Tron3d, and for the first half of the movie some kid is asking his parent every freaking detail about what happened in the first movie. Of course the parent just goes along and doesn't think to tell his own kid to SHUT THE F UP.

Edit: Meant to also add, the problem is that kid will grow up thinking its normal and OK to gab away in the theatre.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlDY0BaDbcU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlDY0BaDbcU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you're expecting a movie to have a considerable amount of reading involved, don't bring a little kid. I don't want to hear you narrate the movie the entire time.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I stay out of the movie theater for the most part but I think nothing of having a confrontation with a complete stranger. I've thrown punches at people who think that they can just say whatever they want to whomever they like. It's pretty easy to get away from people and besides, cops don't really follow up on reports of simple battery. You literally have to knock someone out to have them charged... so if you know where you are parked and you've just had enough, beat that arse! Why not? That's why movie theaters have those well marked exits!

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I stopped going to movie theators about 10 years ago for the same reason. I can't even imagine (nor to I want to know) what it is like now that the cell phone has become ten years more prevelant.

In todays world of DVD (ok that is yesterday's world), Pay per view, and TiVO, I just do not see the point of going. I think theators will go the way of drive in theators (some kept as a novelty, but largely gone) in another ten years.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Doubt it. Hollywood still makes millions of it.

Though I do think if newly released movies went straight to On Demand (Pay Per View) they'd make more.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That's my point...that is where I see it going eventually.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Quite a few movies went the On-Demand route before hitting the theater in '10.
    Monsters and Romero's Survival of the Dead off the top of my head..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar