Lowry and Fuller Getting Opportunity at Free Safety

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Many eyes are on the competition for the free safety position opposite Chris Hope. Incumbent Lamont Thompson will try to hold off second-year pro Calvin Lowry, third-year pro Vincent Fuller and free agent addition Bryan Scott. Coaches have been impressed with Lowry's development and has had an "outstanding offseason" becoming far more comfortable in open space and with receivers. Fuller sees the burst and explosiveness he lacked much of last year after he came back from a broken right fibula he suffered in the second game of his rookie season in 2005. Similar to Lowry, Scott is a safety-cornerback hybrid. He played in Atlanta and New Orleans before signing a one-year deal with Tennessee.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

The current minicamp practices don't allow for great evaluation of something Schwartz considers a giant factor in separating the safeties — how they hit.

If they're looking to put the best tackler out there, then Lowry wins the job, hands down. The guy's a one-man wrecking crew....hits like a friggin' linebacker.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

That kid henry he is strong man! I bet he will be running bEtween them tackles and no one can't stop him head on one on one.. I can also say he will probably take Lenwhale white job if he don't get in gear soon guaranteed!! GO TITANS!!!

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Maybe we will have a good battle for the position. I'm hoping Lowry or Fuller comes out on top.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I bet every other player in the locker room is coming up to them saying, "We need SOMEone to knock out Lamont. You've got to do it."

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Unfortunately, though, if one of them wins, Griffin's new name for next year at least is likely to be "Toast."

7. Well, I saw a lot of explosivness from Lowry going into tackles last year...

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just don't want Thompson starting. Either is fine with me.

9. i want lowry to win it, i like the way that he hits... we need to get lamont out of there

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for sure...personally i just dont wanna see thomson back there....i think they could all be good options....lowry, fuller, and scott. let the best man win...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar