LP Field Conduct Policy Enforcement Will Drive Fans Away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd like to share my experience last night at the game and see if others have had a similar experience with the enforcement of the conduct policy by LP field officials.

There are several good natured but spirited fans that sit in the row behind me- they have been coming to games since the team came to Nashville and spend a LOT of money at the stadium and on merchandise. They will usually rib opposing fans but only when the opposing fans invite it by standing up and giving the "first down" signal, fist pumping, finger pointing etc.

Last night, there were several Colts fans in our section that were particularly boisterous and demonstrative by doing the above gestures. There were two or three women (rather cute) in their Payton Manning jerseys that were very vocal. At one point, they even began shouting "4-0 versus 0-4" down the row at the guys behind me. Well- that was enough to draw the ire of the guys behind me. When the girls walked by them in the row to go get another beer- one guy said to them "how long have you been a fan- I bet you have never cheered through a losing season." I swear-that was it. She replied with "F*ck off you hick." They had to return to their seat with their beers by walking back down the entire row of these guys. One of the guys then laughingly said "Make way for Payton's biatches."

The girls pulled out their phones at their seats, and apparently texted the stadium conduct number and within 5 minutes the cops came and tossed 4 of these guys out. No questions asked, no observation, no discussion.

Here is my concern. The LP security did not witness the exchange nor did they ask any questions. They simply ejected these guys without recourse based on the texting. The Colts fans loved it- they were jeering and heckling OUR section after that. Nobody knew for sure WHO texted- so we just couldn't retaliate and text their seats. And who want to do something so effing juvenile anyway- it clearly isn't the intent of the policy.

The obvious point is that it really is a fallible system that rewards the first person to text. It sets up situations like last night- where events occur unwitnessed by security but security is forced to act upon the texting because there is a "trail" of a complaint. If they don't act, and some violent act were to occur, the stadium security would be liable.

It is an unwise business decision to punish your loyal fans (PSL owners) and set up situations that reward visiting fans. I understand the intent is to promote and establish a fun (revenue generating) environment. But the administration of the conduct policy as it stands, will drive many fans away who enjoy coming to the game and take pride in the team. This is especially true when fans like the guys behind me- who spent their money on the team during the .500 or less years- are ejected at the whim of visiting fan.

If the Titans organization and LP field want to favor visiting fans, then eventually, that is what will fill the stadium. I can only hope this post serves to identify (and expose) a problem that I believe is very detrimental to other loyal fans like the guys behind me.

After what I witnessed last night- I am afraid to have ANY interaction, including "good natured interaction, with opposing fans- even if they provoke it. I also am now afraid to cheer demonstratively and that is ABSOLUTELY no fun to me. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

wow... you can text someones seat number and have em kicked out? lame!

thats nuts, havent been to a game this year...how long has this been goin on.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

im embarrassed to be a fan of this organization, from players to stadium staff we suck all around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

hick huh?? and that brat wasn't wearing a hick's jersey?? manning grew up in Louisiana and went to college at TN. Tough being a southerner sometimes, no, all the time.

5. Riverman

Has anybody else had or seen a similar experience?

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

That sounds stupid. So if word gets out about this, opponents fans will come and just purposely try to clear out 45,000 titans fans so there are about 300 fans of the other team left. I'm sure the security guards wouldn't think anything of it while they are throwing out 95% of the crowd. There goes home field advantage lol

7. TheSureThing

That guy's an idiot because the Colts definitely haven't had many losing seasons this decade..

What kind of insult is that..."Has your team ever sucked like mine?"

even our fans suck...

8. Riverman

^^^ His point was she was only a fan because they have been a winning franchise- not because we are 0-5.

9. terryh

terryh Camp Fodder

im at a loss for words here

10. TheSureThing

yeah, thats a weak insult..

I'll take "eff off Hick" over that any day, at least we rebounded with the manning's biatches thing, but it's pretty clear who won the skirmish..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar