LP Field Conduct Policy Enforcement Will Drive Fans Away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

nope. lower level

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was at that Titans Jets game a few weeks ago and they threw out some fans for using their HD video cameras as well as some guy who threw a paper airplane onto the field (plane must have traveled 100+ feet). I thought both those incidents were ridiculous. I understand the distraction the paper airplane might cause but the use of your camera getting you kicked out of a game you paid top dollar for. WTF?!? I'd leave swinging that's for sure. I doubt those yellow jacket wearers wanna fight me for their $10/hr job.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

When I go shopping there are a lot of things I find overpriced. I simply don't buy them. But, there are people that think there is value in that product...I don't go around bashing those people or that product. Just something I find doesn't fit my budget, wants, or value standards. You seem very angry.

On a side note, the PSL system set in place is a monster. For one, itt generates a ton more $ for the team. But, it creates a snowball effect. In the secondary market people buy PSL's to lock in cheap seats for an extended period of time, but when seats are being sold for under their face value (which isn't the case yet), PSL's hold no long term value. And when that happens, the snowball begins, and within 2-3 years the team is either dissolved, or bounces back and many new PSL owners enter the market seeing them holding a long term value.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I offended someone's religious sensitivities by suggesting that Peyton Manning is some kind of miracle worker... I went on to suggest that Manning shove off to Cana and turn some water into wine for us. This drew the ere of an old man who shouted something to me. I provoked him back an suggested he shut his mouth and send a text. He indulged that and the security came to observe me. I continued on. I didn't exactly break the code. I bent it... but anyways, they took me down to the tunnel, gave me a card which I read.. (printed code of conduct), told me I had been warned and they left me alone after that. Far be it from me to suggest his holiness Peyton Manning walks on water... :ha:

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I saw what these guys were tossed for- it was one statement with a cuss word. The girls set the tone by cursing at them first, then when the guys responded and the girls (who were publicly drunk themselves) were embarrassed- they texted on the guys.

My whole point is HOW this policy is executed- not the policy itself. If security had observed or investigated the incident or at the very least given a warning the outcome would have been MUCH more productive. (see my prior post).

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

After the Steeler game, someone mentioned that it was hard to get tickets in Pittsburgh and that the stadium was full on nothing but Steeler fans. How is that possible? It's possible because the Steeler fans go to the games instead of selling their tickets to opposing fans. It's hard to believe just how many Colts fans attended that game, to me, it was one too many. I want to keep that stadium full of Titans fans so it remains OUR home field, not theirs. (Those who attended the Titans - Steeler game in Memphis know what I'm talking about).

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Back in '06, I was getting 50 yd tickets upper deck for $10 each + $20 overnight shipping on ebay. I even remember a time where I sat in the club seats for $40 ($250 ticket face value) The only reason people were getting face value out of the tickets on Sunday was because it was a Sunday night game on national tv. The more the titans suck, the less ticket prices will be. I guess we can all agree on that. I will bet money that when the Rams come to town, you can get tickets for less than for less than 50% of the face value.

As far as the conduct policy, I drank quite a bit before the game, and I even used a choice word at the game. The words went something like this "This is FREAKIN bullsh-i-t) Yes, I said "freakin". All a gentleman infront me did was point to his son and I said, I'm sorry and that was that. No texting, no Secret LP police, none of that was needed. It was a slipup, because I'm used to watching the games at home where i can say such words.

Security really needs to be stepped up outside of the gate... or have a better system for entering the game than they do.

This is where I saw all of the problems. This colts fan claims he "accidentally" pushed me... after he had pushed me 2-3 times before then. I'm not one to get mad and lose my temper because it could have been someone behind him pushing him into me... but none the less, when people are getting pushed around in such close quarters, it can potentially cause a riot. I know this problem isn't exclusive to LP field, but the last time I got pushed, the lady infront of me really didn't like it that I spilled a bit of my drink on the bottom cuff of her pants. Luckily I caught myself and wasnt pushed hard enough to have her wear my entire drink. Her husband/boyfriend didn't like it either but what am I supposed to do? Some people aren't big fans of hearing someone apologize so it is what it is.

With the price of booze so expensive inside the stadium, its making people drink as much as they can before they enter the game. Combine that with some people's hostility and I just find this to be a recipe for disaster. You can always say: "Well then just don't drink." but these are my recreation dollars as well, and I'm entitled to spend them anyway I want as long as it's in a lawful and responsible manner, which I have. Whether that includes drinking before the game, during or after the game.

I love football and have since I was a little kid but it seems like the football industry spends more time "protecting" either the QB or the fan, regardless of the underlying circumstances.

If Titans fans really want to make their point about this stupid policy, they can do it by simply texting in the seat and row number of opposing fans. Just troll the heck out of the system. When management realizes they are throwing out innocent fans, they will go back to the drawing board and figure something else out. Also, it will deter fans of other teams from coming to the coliseum. Win-Win situation if you ask me.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I've never witnessed any thing like this, but it's ridiculous.

I wish I would've had that number last year during the Jets game. There were some extremely obnoxious guido Jets fans in front of us.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well that is reassuring that you were observed and warned rather than being summarily tossed. It may just be that the person in charge of security in this section was a window licking retard :drool:

(note: I borrowed "window licking retard" from another poster here- unfortunately I can't remember who posted it)

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

even in these economic times the only people that would take a job like this is a window licking retard.

I stole window licking retard from Riverman and as far as I know he came up with it - lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar