LP Field first game question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beaudreaux, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

small market teams like the titans and panthers arent usually that antagonistic towards away teams... i say usually because there's always that one or two people who had too much to drink and are morons to begin with (now if you were in california, that may be a different story)
    i parked my car at panther stadium without a problem and joked with the lady if they took titans fans and she just smiled and said it was fine (probably just want my money)
    probably wont get a lot of catcalls from spygate... that was a while ago...
    i dont eat at food vendors... wayyyyyyy too expensive for me.... but if you have the money... more power to ya...
    have fun... and watch out for the idiots that had too much to drink..

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Parking in the Pinnacle Building is easy as well with the direct connection to the walking bridge from the 3rd level. I like to park here if it is raining because you can drive up to the upper levels and their are no cars. Gives you space to spread out and throw the football and set up corn hole without getting rained on. They now charge $20. If you have kids and are walking from down town then you want to walk across the Shelby street bridge because the kid zone with free inflatables to play on is outside the south endzone at the base of the bridge. Personally I like parking downtown because getting out of stadium lots can be a pain. I used to have R lot passes and you could guarantee sitting in your car in the lot for 45mins after each game. The crowd will treat you well as long as you do the same. We had some jerk raiders fans in our area once and the section turned on them pretty good but they certainly deserved it.

3. Friendly Pats Fan

Friendly Pats Fan Camp Fodder

I went to a MNF game in Cincy back in '07 just a few weeks past S'gate and the air was thick with "Cheaterrrrrrrrssss!!!!!!!" calls from the moment the Pats took the field. Until about mid-way through the 2nd quarter, when Brady-to-Moss took the heart out of Cincinnati. I wore just a plain blue t-shirt that game, which allowed me to go incognito for a little while. :anon:

[​IMG]

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

C'mon, you can't go incognito.. that takes the fun away.

I normally go to Titans @ Colts games. My moms work has a partnership with a ton of sport teams (Bears, Bulls, Whitesox, Colts, Pacers) so she gets alot of free tickets. Since Indy is only <2hrs away and the tickets are free.. that's how I get to see my Titans play. I always wear my jersey and always get yelled out. I find it fun taunting the other fans lol

5. Friendly Pats Fan

Friendly Pats Fan Camp Fodder

I hear you xp and if it was just me or if I was with friends it'd be different. Just thinking I should avoid any scenario where my 10 yr old daughter gets yelled at cuz she's wearing her (pink) Patriots cap and yelling "Go little Welker!". Then again, can't shield her forever, right?

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haha right. True that though, normally I go with 3 other friends... all of us are pretty big dudes. Real tough guys hhahaha

7. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

You should have no problems. I've been to many NFL stadiums, NHL, etc. I'd say that LP Field is likely the most kid friendly and opposite fan friendly I've experienced. The worst? The Garden during a Ranger's game, cheap seats. Don't be an Islander's fan.

You'll have a great time. 'Cept, of course, for the loss ;)

8. Titaneers

yeah see.. that was 5 years ago.... nobody's going to bring up a dead subject like that.. especially since you lost the super bowl just recently.. (dont get me wrong.. i hated the pats during that time period but ended up cheering for them in the SB)

9. sc293

sc293 Camp Fodder

How early should you get there before game time? How long does it take to get through security and into the stadium? I saw where one team (I don't remember which one) was tellng fans to get to the stadium 2 hours before kickoff. I don't think that I can go that long without food :)

10. Titaneers

depends.... you want to see the players warm up?
    i arrived 2 hrs prior to find parking... and walk.. and go through security and i was in with more than hour to go and watched them warm up and such..
    i have a high metabolism... so i was fine with having a small snack before entering... you might not be so lucky :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar