LP Field impressions?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I liked some of the new field "curtains" but there are just too much LP Field logos everywhere.

Also, the scoreboards are a disgrace. Sound only comes out of one end. The graphics are a joke. It's beginning to look like the big Nashville Sounds scoreboard as far as quality. Same old clips, contests, etc. :drool:

I'm finding the entire experience surrounding the games very lacking. Hopefully, they'll have something better in place by the beginning of the regular season.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree with all you said. I got tired of hearing about Liquid Propane Field. I thought I saw Hank Hill running around...lol

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

They've covered up parts of the scoreboards making the other horrible parts more obvious.

There's a huge banner in the South Endzone of Bud Adams holding up the 1999 AFC Championship Trophy, and on the other side, there's a huge banner of Bruce Matthews.

Lot's of LP this and that everywhere. Even the dorky commercials on the terrible scoreboards are LP. They need to use some of that LP money and get some new scoreboards, they are a disgrace. I'm also very tired of Speedy or whatever his name is yelling at the top of his lungs during guess the temperature game ect... Gosh, get rid of Hope Hines. I would rather hear nothing and see nothing during time outs. It's getting really irritating.

Other than that, I enjoyed the LP Field experience :ha:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You guys almost make me feel happy I can only watch the game televised :ha:

5. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Someone told me at the game that these covered up pieces are sent out being repaired, I agree though. We need new ones in a bad way, Maybe next year.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The money for the naming rights goes to Bud, he doesn't have to use it to improve the stadium. LP is just trying to get their big monies worth, and overdoing it, I guess.

7. I also notices the name LP plastered over every inch of the stadium, but hey, that's what they are paying for...

The scoreboards and PA system were pathetic. And that new LP cartoon with the Dudley Do-Right music and tone was idiotic, even worse than all the old stuff we've been seeing for years...

8. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

We might as well get used to it, Thats why they spent millions on the naming rights. I honestly dont blame then either. If i just spent that kind of money i would want my logo plastered everywhere also.
    NOW , a rumor going around lastnight at the game was the Titan logo on the field at the 50 yard line is going to be replaced with the LP Field logo. This will be taking it overboard IMO. if it happens.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

liquified petroleum gas is propane. there were way too many lp logos, it was ridiculous. Didn't Bud Adams have to pay out of his pocket to get the guarenteed money together for Vince Young? Did Young just pocket 25 million dollars by putting pen to paper or what? I can tolerate this whoreism if it brings us the kind of talent we need to seriously compete again in this league. Some of the Titans play on the feild was far more disgusting than anything lousiana pacific tacked to the wall with concrete anchor nails.

The scoreboards were laughable. They were tarps with sponser verbage on them. I couldn't help but make stadium patheticism remarks about whether Alltell or LP employed better use of tarps.

Alltell has to cover the seats of the fans that don't care cause they can't sell a psl or Tennessee who is so ashamed of their 9-23 over the past two seasons that they have taken to covering the scoreboards with tarps.

:ha: that reminds me... the homer scoreboard operator shortchanged the Saints a point and it took nearly a series before anyone noticed it. that is how bad the scoreboard is.. it's such an eyesore.

I didn't even mention the appearent damage to the tv screens. they seemed to have an UFO... like the kind seen over Mexico City in every reply.

[​IMG]

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I like the way they dressed up the stadium. Having some color on the club and upperdeck is nice. The LP logo is everywhere, but it doesnt bother me.

twoseven is correct, the missing sections of the scoreboards are being replaced, though I thought that would have been done by now. I HATE the graphics they were using on the big section of the scoreboard, they're tough to read.

And I'm with SK on the LP cartoon... ridiculous.

Also the new halftime contest sucks. Not to mention it was horribly run last nite... the first guy got at least 35 seconds, he deserved to be booed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar