LP Field impressions?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Isnt the city of Nashville supposed to be maintaining stadium ? Besides the naming rights deal just happened a short while ago and it takes alot of time to get all these things done. Im sure the scoreboards will be fixed by the time regular season starts. They are just old, no parts anymore. I work with this kind of stuff everyday and understand what they are going through. You buy something that is very very expensive and ten years later when it starts giving trouble and you have to work on it there are no parts or even the company might not exist anymore. Its not that easy as just saying "send it out to be fixed".

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Stadium is owned by Cumberland Stadium Inc or something like that. The Titans are Tennessee Football, Inc ... something like that. They have some kind of dual arrangement. I don't think Nashville the City itself has a huge obligation to the place. That is why they went out initially and got Adelphia Commications but we all know what happened there. Now Cumberland gets to keep the Adelphia money and sell the rights again... double dip the chip so to speak... I do know that the screens were made by SONY, but I doubt there os much in the way of parts.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The money for the naming rights goes into Buds pocket. That was part of the original deal. He can do what he wants with that money.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I didn't mind the LP logos. That's what they pay for. I actually thought all the new banners added some color and dressed it up. I like the big banners of Mathews, George, Wychek, and even Bud. I thought the place looked good.
    (I park on the downtown side and walk over the bridge, so I have no idea what the "front" of the place looks like from the parking lot.)

Every stadium is going to have the sponsorship logos everywhere. What most of us see of other stadiums is on tv, and you don't see that stuff on the tube.

Yes! The scoreboards are pathetic, and the sound as well. Did the sound come from both ends in the past? I ask because it really shouldn't....at least the music and promos anyway (not necessarily the announcements). Two sets of speakers facing each other from each end cause phase an delay problems. Still, the one end sounded horrible....and again, the same old same old. I believe the Titans hire a production company for that stuff. They need a new one.

This doesn't fall under the new look, but....the new FCC rules have the radio broadcast delayed this year. I'm sure it is the old 7 seconds but it seemed like more. Sitting in the seats and listening to the radio broadcast like I normally do, drove me insane last night.

5. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I thought i heard that the GEC was getting new scoreboards this year and LP Field would get new ones next year. Something about the Titans front office withdrew the money request this year for scoreboards and are planning on turning that request back in for next years budget. That way Nashville wouldnt be hit with such a high number in 1 year and both places would get what they want. Im pretty sure Nashville has to foot the bill here not Bud.

6. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

They renamed it LP Field? Really? I never would've known. It was so subtle!

(I might've been okay with the signage everywhere, but when they started having animated LP characters on the scoreboard during TV timeouts, I'd finally had enough....)

The scoreboards are in sorry shape. If I didn't know better, I'd think they sabotaged some of those "bulbs we can't get replacements for" (supposedly the main argument they made to the Council to get the upgrade approved) in order to prod the Metro Sports Council into making sure the upgrade funds are definitely approved for next year.

Looked like some kid tossed a rock or two at the jumbotron in the south endzone, and where it broke, there was only bright white light coming through.

Also, I think I'd take the "1999 AFC Champions banner" off the endzone wall(s). I don't mind a little banner tucked among the upper decks somewhere, but that's just too prominent and seems like they're trying too hard to relive ancient (in NFL terms) history.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

There was also a bright white spot/hole onthe north end zone jumbotron.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Who owns Cumberland? :brow:

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Trailer Park Stadium

I don't know about ya'll, but our stadium looks like its 15 years old.
    Does Bud own a lawn mower?
    A little grass seed here and there would cover up those muddy areas.
    Hedge trimmers cost what, $15.oo?
    There are some places in Nashville that sell flowers. The idea is, is to remove the weeds from the planters and install said flowers. Or, atleast trim the weeds and try to fool some of us into believing they're flowers.
    The black drapes on the scoreboard looked classy.
    What did those big LP Field logos cost, $1.05? If you paid more, you got ripped. My Titans decorated car drew more attention than the stadium!
    I did like the new huge banners Bud installed on the sides of the building of some of our best players from the past, and I happened to notice that one looked a lot like Bud Adams himself. Way to go Bud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar