LP Field to get sod from GA Farm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Looks like the Titans have a new sod supplier. This article says they are getting almost 3 acres of bermuda from a farm in GA. Anyone know where they got this last year? Maybe the field will be better this year.

2. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I hate our field it always starts to wear down right in the middle and it's so noticeable. They even have it on Madden to wear it looks worn down and muddy.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Dirt News is good news!

I'd be happy to try almost anything different at this point...

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I know it could be dangerous for us, but if the players could wear the proper cleats and learn to play on the field it could be a type of homefield advantage for us. Its like back in the early '90s with the Redskins Hogs, that was a mudpit and there opponents couldn't play on it but they could. But I would only want it in the center, that way we can pound the ball right up the gut...

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if you stop TSU from playing on the field that would help a lot!!

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Did you notice the Titans ordered twice as much turf as required to cover the field? Maybe the plan is to keep the extra in reserve and transplant later as needed.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:ha:

Wow! That's embarrassing.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There was a Monday night game a few years back when the field was in bad shape, and John Madden kept on commenting about how Nashville needs to realize that this is the NFL, and they need to have a proper field to play on, etc etc.
    Guess he made them put in in the game to make it more lifelike.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

that was pretty embarrassing... not the national spotlight you hope for on MNF.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They at least exerted some effort,
    by spray painting the mud green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar