LP Field to get sod from GA Farm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Anybody seen the turf that MTSU put in last year? It's Sportexe Powerblade turf, and it looks freaking incredible

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

With all the advancement in artificial surfaces it should be considered. It wouldn't shock me if there was a league wide mandate to play on it one day in the future. In my opinion it's a safer surface. Just look how much more safety conscious the world has become in the past 30 years. Imagine what another 30 years would do. That would be a sad day for football. It's hard to imagine a world where natural surface is supplanted entirely by artificial surface. I hope I'm in club level by then. I'd like to get there before I lose my ability to maintain an erection.
    gee.. that's funny... another local college putting in the artificial surface... seems like there is a pattern developing... :suspect:

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bud shouldn't pony up to buy TSU a new stadium,
    their richest alumni could pay for it all by herself, OPRAH!

As much money and crap that Oprah gives away, I'm surprised no one is asking why one of TSU's alumni, who is probably the richest woman in America, has done nothing to show for TSU. Did she have a bad experience there?
    Bill Cosby has given more money to TSU than Oprah has.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Winter rye stays green throughout Dec/Jan/Feb. There's a guy in my Dad's neighborhood who puts it out every year so his grass is always green. Everyone else's yards full of bermuda, fescue, etc. look like crap in Dec., but his looks great. I don't know if it makes a suitable playing surface, though. Seems like if the answer was that simple, they'd have already thought of it.

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I don't have time to look it up right now, but in the past I've read about suspicions of a link between an apparent increase in infections/slow healing in players and artificial turf because it's a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty bacteria. If you think of all the body fluids there, it makes sense.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I agree. Bud shouldn't pay... but TSU helped get him moved. A modest donation would be a nice gesture. TSU wants a new stadium. Just think how much more fun their games would be for them if they were on campus.
    anyways
    Oprah is too busy locking up African school girls.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03142007/tv/oprah_defends_african_school_tv_don_kaplan.htm
    I know it doesn't sound bad in the nypost but Barbara Walters went down there so I know courtesy of abcTV it's pretty extreme. I think they get to see them on their birthday and that's it.

the USA Today version has no mention of the parent visitation.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-01-02-winfrey-school_x.htm?csp=34

watch this video. this is great. this is why I think Silverman is hot.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2796205

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I think if Fisher wanted Field Turf then the Titans might consider it. But I've heard Fisher say that he doesn't like it.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher doesn't seem to like any changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar