LP Field

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Is the new jumbotron "a cheapo" or is a state of the art bad***** one?

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

well i think it's 'only' a few million. the dolphins video board cost about 20 million i think. nevertheless, it will be a nice upgrade.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

jumbo trons dont win games, even tho its good for fan support i really think we coulda put that money to good use signing back henry. fans will coem for henry over the jumbo tron

Travis Henry > New Jumbotron

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what was the impact of that $8.5 million on our salary cap? Wasn't Henry's contract up? Paying him that $8.5 million would only bring him to the table... it wouldn't get a deal done... am I correct with that? That's more or less my understanding. Last time I checked stadium upgrades don't affect the cap... I really don't know how that stuff works though. I just gather bits and pieces of info on the forum here. If someone would be kind enough to enlighten me it would be much appreciatted.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

still i dont think a jumbo tron will help the team out much, oh and for the record it definatly wont fit the "system" :)

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Jumbo tron and stadium expenses have no effect/relationship with money under the cap spent on players.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

yeah

i dont know why those two got mixed together.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I thought he still had at least 2 more years on his contract but was due a bonus, either way he wouldn't have been due a bonus if his contract was up, he'd just be a FA

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it was a roster bonus... now, I know his deal was up, that's why he was a urfa. I really am unclear on it as I indicated above but all I'm saying is that from what I've gathered is that an $8.5 million dollar roster bonus was more than we could really swing if we were gonna try to be smart. I have no doubt he'd sell tickets or what not but it's much easier to spend money on a facility than it is to give a bunch of money to one guy who is still in the substance abuse program and has been suspended in the past. I am sure he didn't have two years left on his contract though.
    don't roster bonuses come out of the owner's pocket? roster bonuses do count some against the cap, don't they? all I'm getting at is that either way Adams is gonna pay. You think he wants to pay for both? I could be mistaken about the bonuses thing but I thought money forward like that came straight from Adams as would a majority of the jumbotron expense. They don't have a direct relationship granted but the same guy signs both checks...

like I was saying before, I really don't claim to know.
    it was post #33

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

he became a UFA because we cut him, if you look at NFL.com's FA signings, he's listed as a player who's contract was terminated, which to me means that he had at least one more year on his contract. I think they were trying to spread the bonus out over a longer deal, but he would be under contract for next season at least had we not cut him. Also, no contract would be written with an $8 mil bonus after the last season of the contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar