Luck the next Couch? Griffin the next McNabb?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Things like "9 diff receivers" are a gimmick stat. He probably hit 2 different fbs and rbs on screens for 4 of them. TE and then his WRs... that's a scheme thing.

He's Scott Tolzien.

Nothing more.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... They haven't told Luck they're drafting him yet. And Luck isn't so sure they are.

Don't be surprised if they don't draft him.

He's overrated. Surely someone in the NFL knows this.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hitting 9 different guys in a game tells me his passes are consistent. He puts them where anybody can catch them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

While I agree that his physical tools are nothing to drool over, if there is anything I've learned watching the NFL, its that the head is the most important part of the QB.

That's why I'm really excited about Locker. I think he's a smart, hardworking kid with great leadership.

I think the same of Luck. I think, worst case scenario, he'll be a solid, heady QB that manages a game and makes few mistakes.

I'd love it if he busts, and the Colts spend the next decade in the morass of suckitude. But I don't see it happening.

5. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

I hope hes the next alex smith... 7 years of complete suckage, one bright spot, and my prediction for alex smith, and then fall right back down to the garbage pit

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Gruden's tard a*s spent the entire show talking about double y banana.

7. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I firmly believe that he's going to be a bust, the colts have a terrible line, poor weapons outside of Wayne, and there d sucks as well. even if he is as talented as the talking heads say he is he'll be beaten too badly to be effective the way David Carr was.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Always hear of guys throwing 75, 80 yard balls...never see them do it on a Hail Mary

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't get the connection or similarities to Couch and Mcnabb. So Luck's failures would be due to who was drafted right behind him and RG3's success will be because of who was drafted ahead of him?

Why not compare Luck to David Carr? I do think the Alex Smith comparison could be valid with Luck playing for such a bad team. The Colts organization might really suck for a long time much like the Browns have.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're going to be pick #1 and #2.

It's like the first 10 words of the first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar