LW an option at #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Yeah what if the next qb we draft fails? We're ties to him too. You can run from the situation forever at some point we have to draft a qb and we will be tied to him.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

well hopefully the qb they pick wont be a gimmick "athletic qb." id be fine with winston if hes there, but he wont be, cuz even if he raped two chics hes still a way better prospect than mariota

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How dare you not get into a hissy fit argument with me!!!

I'm all about the trade down so we can get multiple players. I just don't want to give it away, it has to be for 3 first rounders or near equivalent.

There honestly is not going to be much that makes me mad at #2 overall. A poor trade down or a CB would top the list of what would tick me off. I'd even be okay with an OT even though I know most people would lose it over that selection.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And the Titans are still 8-8, at best.

It's about '16 and beyond, IMO. If they think Mariota has the stuff to be a top 10 QB in the NFL, then they have to take them (assuming they don't think Mett can be).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Lol I know this feels weird...should we verbally insult each other to restore order to the world.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No, I want to trade down if Jameis Winston is not there.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Compares favorably to Muhammad Wilkerson, and I would draft a Wilkerson at #2 every single time. *note: I'm not actually comparing how these two play to each other, just their stats on this stupid little chart thing.

Muhammad Wilkerson - MockDraftable.com

Leonard Williams - MockDraftable.com

Are we seriously using solo tackles and assist tackles against him? Heres a hint: They ran away from his general direction on every play he wasn't double teamed. Pass plays hes double teamed a lot as well. Hes also not shooting the gap as much as other DTs, instead reading the line and protecting against the run in non-obvious passing situations. Plays most of the game, hardly ever comes off the field.

You wanna talk stats? Kid has 27 tackles for losses, 14 sacks in 22 games started. Fantastic stats from a DT.

But we shouldn't draft him cause he didnt have the fastest 40 time or didn't lift the most at the combine? who cares man, those drills mean jack all anyways. He's still in the top half for all DTs in every relevant category. Not like hes weak or had a bad combine. Those stupid charts are deceptive anyways, the "73" 20 yard shuffle doesn't even look like a 73, when its actually a great score. Oh but he ran a 7.59 3 cone drill while wilkerson ran a 4.31!! zzz.

If our front office doesn't think we need to take one of the QBs Williams absolutely needs to be the pick. Look hes not gonna be a JJ Watt, but he can be a key piece to our revamped defense.

God forbid we take a WR@2 or trade for Rivers.

edit: And hes only 20 y/o!

#97 rekirts, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Pretty fantastic stuff I hadn't seen before that makes me want him even more. As long as they have some confidence in Mett Williams should be the pick.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Although I wouldn't be mad at a WR at 2, very well said.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar