1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Mad Men

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Playmaker, Apr 7, 2013.

1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

BB is great, loved the first 3 seasons. But Game of Thrones > BB.

The creators of BB are smart, doing drugs is considered cool in society, so a show about a dorky high school teacher gone rogue and deciding to deal meth? No sh*t that show would blow up.
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't do drugs, and I loathe my generation, so I don't get the whole "do a show about drugs and it will blow up" idea.

Most drug users are too dumb to like a show like BB. They might fast forward to the cooking scenes to try to learn how to cook meth, but they're too stupid to enjoy it for what it is.

Game of Thrones is the most overrated show in the history of TV, but that's just my opinion, I guess. Their episodes don't leave me wanting to keep watching more and more. Every episode of BB accomplishes that.

But hey... make a show with tits, vag, and dragons all over the screen and society will eat it up.
  3. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Games of Thrones is one of the most well written shows on television considering the source material.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

Well written and well filmed doesn't always make a great show.

I acknowledge it for being both those things, but it's not my kind of show.
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

1. Nah, all my dumb stoner friends love BB lol. And I'm not saying it's not an intelligent show.

2. Why would society eat up a show with dragons? I wasn't aware dragons were so cool and high schoolers are talking about dragons left and right. As for the nudity, it's nowhere near as bad as people make it.

I'd give Game of Thrones a 9 and BB an 8.5.
  6. RavensShallBurn

Those are stoners... not total disgraces to society who use other hardcore drugs.

Lol... I'm not complaining about the nudity at all. I just think that's why a lot of people like it - which is sad if true. I remember when I was 12 and watched American Pie just to see tits.
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I watched one episode of Game of Thrones. I was so excited about it...

haven't wanted to watch another.
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Great, their 24 Emmy nominations and third highest rating on imdb says they weep every night over you.