Madden 12 actually might be worth getting

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mizzo, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Sigh, some decent improvements but still not enough...The sad part is I'll still buy it day one...Ah well.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

2004 is the best Madden game of all time.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why would they? Maybe to gain back all the customers they've lost and continue to lose year after year...

And they could develop it easily on the side while they continue rehashing Madden 06 like they've done over and over.

They're losing far more customers than they're gaining. They'll wise up eventually.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They aren't hurting by any means. There is no imminent danger of EA going bankrupt, that's for sure. Theyre not concerned about the few people who have dropped off. People drop off every year, sometimes due to people finding better things to do with their time.

I can't recall how many days of my life I've wasted playing Madden. I seriously regret it. What a waste, with no benefit whatsoever. At least with wasting my time on GoTitans, I learn some things, and get to communicate with other people than losers living in their mom's basements saying "F### you" because you are beating them, or gloating because they are beating you at a video game.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree but it's EA. They still sold 5 million over all platforms with Madden 11 which I'd imagine they'd be happy with. It also means they're generating money without spending it on revamping it all.

6. nickmsmith

EA can sizzle on my dizzle. I'll be a monkey's uncle if I buy it this year. If I buy it, someone call me a monkey's uncle.

I'm cutting out the bullcrap this year, cut off the cable, and I'm about to save 70 bucks per month.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Some of those franchise mode changes sound pretty nice but some I'm iffy about. The draft scouting looks like it could be more time consuming, I don't want that. A lot of it does seem like fluff.

One thing I wish I could do is start a franchise with only 20 teams. Or maybe 50 teams. Have franchises all over the world, Canada, Australia, Europe, Japan, etc.

I could actually do that in a game called Football Pro back in the early 90s for PC. I wish I could do in 2011 what I could do 20 years ago in football gaming.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's funny to me that your userID is "nicksmith" and you're trying to save some money. I have a friend named Nick, and that guy is so cheap it's a joke. If we go out to grab a bite, and someone eats one or two of his fries, he expects them to pay for half the meal. He "tipped" a waitress once with $2 in change, then went back after starting his car because he felt he tipped her $.05 too much. He actually went back in and swiped a dime off the table. Last night me and some other friends went to the strip club, we had piles of cash, that friend of mine would have had been knocking girls out with his roll of quarters lol.

9. nickmsmith

I know it's an ultra-cool username, but it is actually my name too. Not an alias, surprisingly.
    I'm not that bad, I just try not to waste what I've got. I didn't watch cable anyway, mostly netflix on XBL. So I was basically giving money away to a company who has plenty. I'm kind of sick of sitting around work all day, then coming home and sitting at home.

In one year, that thousand dollars or so I save from cable that I don't even watch could go to buying something pretty nice. I'm also cutting out cokes of my diet whenever possible, at least another thousand. So in ten years of not poisoning my mind and body with reality TV (not that I ever liked it) and soda, I could get a new car.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Save away my man. You make a good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar