Madden 13

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Yep there are definitely games like that. I had 1 game vs the 49ers where I fumbled 3 TIMES. He wasn't even good but wound up winning because of the fumbles. I would even hit the button to hug the ball and still fumbled.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Ok..cool nice research, so he still had less than the most ever since I had 42, and I only had 27 going into the 4th. Since I was up 35-17 and already was at 250 yards all I did in the 4th was run with him every time. Most teams must be cheesers then because if they're able to run the ball in the 4th and get first downs without passing they'd do it too.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So, I just started a fantasy draft league w/ some friends. 16 of us (2 in each divison). We just finished the fantasy draft (took like 3 hours).. and we only went to round 30.

Here's my team (im the Redskins, but run a 4-3)

QB - Tannehill
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    WR - Sidney Rice, Michael Crabtree, Jacoby Ford
    TE - Vernon Davis & Fred Davis
    OL goes: 81-75-93-85-88 (overalls)

DE: JJ Watt and Bruce Irvin
    DT: two no-names that I cant remember, but were just big run stoppers
    OLB: Akeem Ayers and Colin McCarthy (also have Whitney Mercilus, who I plan to use at #3 DE)
    ILB: Navarro Bowman
    CB: Standford Routt, Patrick Peterson, Marcus Trufant, Tommie Campbell
    S: Eric Berry and Dwight Lowery

I'm pretty happy with my team. I'm a big run first guy.. AP will give me that. But, Tannehill ratings actually are solid, and I have targets. Especially TEs, I use them a ton.

I'm really excited about my defense. I'm thinking about using JJ Watt at DT, with Irvin and Mercilus coming outside. Regardless, I should be able to get after the passer... i'm doing a ton of 4-3 Over and sending Ayers on Watts side as well.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Okay... onside kicks WTF.

I just played a guy who onside kicked against me the entire game and got almost all of them. They need to fix this and make it a lot harder to recover one.

My defense also sucks now. I started off great (must have been playing total scrubs)... now I'm giving up tons of points.

I just played a game where Alex Smith threw for 450 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs. Luckily those two picks were pick 6's. I still won the game despite those numbers, 54-51.

5. xpmar9x

Latest Roster update:

Will Witherspoon
    LB
    TEN
    Decrease, from 82 to 81OVR
    Chris Johnson
    HB
    TEN
    Decrease, from 87 to 85OVR
    Kamerion Wimbley
    DL
    TEN
    Decrease, from 88 to 87OVR
    Rob Bironas
    K
    TEN
    Decrease, from 96 to 94OVR
    Darius Reynaud
    HB
    TEN
    Increase, from 67 to 72OVR
    Fernando Velasco
    OL
    TEN
    Increase, from 69 to 71OVR
    Jake Locker
    QB
    TEN
    Increase, from 78 to 79OVR
    Akeem Ayers
    LB
    TEN
    Increase, from 79 to 80OVR
    Alterraun Verner
    CB
    TEN
    Increase, from 81 to 82OVR
    Michael Roos
    OL
    TEN
    Increase, from 90 to 91OVR
    Keyunta Dawson
    DL
    TEN
    IR
    Pannel Egboh
    DL
    TEN
    Moved to RE #2 on depth chart
    Pannel Egboh
    DL
    TEN
    Signs

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Don't know how wimbley got decreased. Verner needed an increase.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Anyone playing/played the connected career mode as a player? I created an RB and am having a blast with it. Which surprised me since I was never really into Superstar mode before. It could definitely use some tweaking though. My main complaint is not being able to see any of the plays from the other side of the ball or when you're not in on a play. E.G. it'd be 3rd and 16 and since I'm an RB I'd get pulled out of the game. Next thing I know we're 40 yards down the field. Or we're on defense and then all of a sudden our offense is on the field in the opponent's red zone. I'd then have to go look at the stats page to see what happened (INT, fumble, good punt return)

I'd like to have the option to see that stuff play out in real-time. NBA2K really has superstar mode figured out. Wish Madden would take a page from their book.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Verner and Locker deserved bigger increases... and CJ deserves a huge decrease.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

Just had my craziest game of Madden, ever? Possibly.

Me vs my friend, we did random teams.. Redskins (me) vs Cheifs (him).

I was up 7, with maybe :30 seconds on the clock. My friend did a stupid WR screen and somehow broke one with McCluster for a 50 yard TD. Tie game. He then kicked it off, and I had Helu Jr returning for me, I'm about to break a sweet kickoff with one person to beat, when Eric Berry (for some reason was on kickoffs) destroyed me.. and I fumbled. A chief player (who was big, LB?) and began returning it.. I then began chasing him down and was smashing the strip button (knowing that this guy has never carried the ball). I then stripped the ball, picked it up and ran it back with Helu (the guy who originally fumbled) and ran it back probably 80 yards for a TD. It was awesome and now he owes me a 12 pack of Bud Light... woo!

10. xpmar9x

This is actually probably my fav madden finish, I belive it was M11 and playing the same person I played in the game above.. came down to the final play. Down by 3, he's in the redzone, 2 seconds left:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar