Madden... 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tackhead #9, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Alrighty lads, in one of my frequent expulsions of cash, I decided to just bite the bullet and buy myself an Xbox 360 (I got sick of having to go to work to play Street Fighter IV, and I still can't justify forking out $700 for a PS3). Now normally I'd grab a Madden quick smart, but I thought I'd hear the opinions of my Titans brethren before making another (though significantly smaller) expulsion of cash.

Do I get Madden on the 360? Or do I hold off until I actually do get a PS3, and opt for the Sony Madden? My Xbox experience is limited (I rarely ever played the original Box), while I'd been a PS2 Madden man from '05 through to '08. Sure, I could just scour the net for general consensus, but I trust the word of you guys more. I'll probably wait off until '10 comes out, but I'm thinking that previous years' games will be more or less the same as far as system superiority goes.

All fanboy opinions are to be left at the door. If I wanted to be a fanboy I would've just gotten Madden on my Wii. :grrhee:

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Madden 10 is going to be the same on both consoles so it does not matter what system you get it for. I do warn you that you may lose your life now :)

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Whether or not you meant to, you just created another PS3 vs. 360 thread.

But going back to your question, I really don't think there's any noticeable difference between the two. I've played the 360 versions, and from what i've heard from people that own it on PS3, they run essentially the exact same. It just depends on your preference though.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

pick whichever controller suits you best

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nope, no difference. If one is cheaper go for it. Or if you want to play friends online- figure out what they have it for.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

which is a blast to play btw

7. Tackhead #9

Which is why I didn't just ask this in the 'Pola/Fitz on the cover' thread. I wanted to just limit the argument to Madden, as opposed to the systems at large. If this thread degenerates into a PS3 vs. 360 topic, I'll just put a stop to it with audacious comments like 'Virtual Boy is the next big thing'.

Anyhow. I'm appreciating the input so far, everyone! :yes:

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they're the exact same games. if you prefer one controller over the other i'd go with that one.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

wait a minute
    you don't actually own a Ps3 ?
    seems like that would have answered your question before you asked it

it doesn't matter what console you buy it for
    it's a freakin' EA title
    it's gonna suck regardless of the system you play it on
    (jk)

(paid for by Gamers for the resurrection of the ESPN 2K NFL franchise)

it is absolutely criminal for NFL football to restrict itself to a single entity

10. Tackhead #9

Haven't been keeping up to date with the console wars as of late, wasn't entirely sure that ports were entirely identical between the two... Figured there might be one or two minor points of interest that'd sway my opinion, but I'm glad to hear it really just boils down to personal preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar