Mahelona Seeing Improvement From Rookie Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:lol3:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess we can look at a guy like Robaire Smith who had only 13 combined tackles in his first two years with the Titans and realize that a guy like Mahelona could make a big jump at some point and be productive. I'm not sure Mahelona has the luxury of two years however before he makes a move. Seems like it is now or never for him.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i disagree. haynesworth, long and starks are all in contract years and we have a tendancy to let DTs go. he very well could get his chance to start next year.

4. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I personally support Mahelona and hope he does well. Being a UT fan I loooved him at Tennessee and saw what he can do. I was estatic in last yr's. draft when we picked him up so hopefully he turns it around this yr.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He should get his chances - even though we have some good depth at DT, they like to rotate a whole lot to keep them fresh. I think bigtitan might be right about AH, RL and RS... history tells us the Titans will let 1 of them go at the end of the season.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We got a lot of DT's.....gotta make the team 1st. He didn't live up to his college reputation last year, that's for sure. It's not like he's a qb, but hey, maybe he really has had a light bulb click on.

7. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Does anyone remember who got UT's DT this year? His number was #92, and he was suppose to be a top 10 pick, but had a torn muscle in his arm. Can't think of his name to save my life, but I wanna say Justin Harroll or something like that...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Justin Harrell was drafted by Green Bay with the 16th overall pick

9. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Thanks man, I almost forgot about him being picked ahead of us. Now that's who I wish we could have gotten instead of Jesse. I can still remember his last game against Florida. Harrell showed so much heart in that game, and was honored to be the last Vol to wear Reggie White's number. Most reports say that his power has been lost, and that he is injury prone. C'mon? Right now in the NFL, Tennessee is a DT breeding ground, and I believe both these player will turn out to be good players. Though to tell you the truth I can't really remember any big plays from Jesse.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My point was if he doesn't show significant improvement he will not make it out of camp. We could even bring in a vet DT after cuts start on other teams. Remember we also have a 5th round pick who is going to be a lock to make the roster IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar