Mahelona Seeing Improvement From Rookie Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting..

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/TEN

Nfl.com's depth chart had david stewart as out third left DT. Got to be a mistake though at 6-7 325 stewart could probably play there and be better than some of the guys we got..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Youth at DT..

Starks 23, won't even turn 24 until december!

Mahelona 24

Haynesworth 26, just turned that.

Long 25, will be 26 in august.

Brown 26, will be 27 in sept.

Considering that DT is a position that does take some time to learn we better think about keeping some of those guys. Brown's contract is also just for this year. I would hate to lose starks and then have him become a stud somewhere else.

I think we will keep 5 DTs because brown and long can double up at DE and i don't think our rookie will be wasted on the practice squad.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Long is gone.............he almost lost his leg to a staph infection after the fact he tore his achilles tendon which will never be the same. Your achilles tendon does not heal very fast and is probably the worst injury aside from anything career ending, worse than an ACL tear. People come back from ACL and MCL and PCL tears all the time now Ex. McGahee. But how many people do you hear of that come back from a torn achilles and if they do how many play at the same level.

Rien was never a great DT to begin with so if we cut him big deal he's not getting any better now. He's 300+ lbs. walking on a tender achilles tendon and a leg he almost lost to a staph infection after the surgery. He was never a run stuffer just a solid pass rusher. Pass rushers have good explosivenes and acceleration. All of that was lost when he tore the tendon. He will never fully recover and be the same mediocre player he was before so release him please I don't see why everyone wants to keep him and how many times do you see Long switch to DE.............huh?

4. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

Jesse will be much improved and quicker...He will make the team and then some. This ain't college ball and the rookie DTs will find that out next week.

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

What has he done to be quicker?

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I'm guessing he lost some weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar