Major Adams "rookie"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by V-MAN, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Remember all of the espn analyst ripping VY for his selection of Major Adams as his agent? I especially remember them saying this was going to be a big problem for any team that drafted VY. All they kept saying was that the language was going to be hard for Major to decipher. And this would probably be a hold out because of his inexperience.

Well, if I were VY I would be pretty happy with the deal that my "rookie" agent set up.

2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

amen ,my brother!

3. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

And now we will probably hear the same analyst brag on what a good job the agent did. i would love to record half of these so called experts picks,opinions,etc..... and at the end of the year ask them about their predictions and watch them squirm. most of these guys in the media dont know jack especially about the Titans , they just spout off crap and get paid for it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we'll hear how we overpaid for Young now.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'd say. :brow:

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

They were just hating on a brother. The man always trying to keep a brother down! Major Adams is a lawyer, why wouldn't he understand legal language? He graduated from a law school just like all the other agents.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sorry homie:brow:

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so that makes him smart...juts go back a yr and look at Jones's agent..what a dipwad

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

But even if he didn't graduate law school, anybody can read a contract. And if you already have a contract to work from, like Alex Smith, how hard can it be. I think Major Adams was telling the truth. It's not that hard to do. As long as you put in the time and effort anybody can do it. The Titans aren't going to try and screw their best player anyway. It's not good business. I was glad he went with Major and I hope Major doesn't try to steal his money in the end. The only thing I would have done different is pay an agent to look over the deal before I signed it. Any big agent would have been glad to do it for almost nothing, hoping to later jump in on the next deal. That would have given them both a different take on the contract. And maybe tighten it up a little if it needed tightening.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Wasn't Jason Whitlock one of those Major Adams doubters?
    Whitlock has now reversed his story and says the Titans got "fleeced" by VY and his agent because they overpaid for an overhyped player who hasn't proven anything. What a jack***** joke of a reporter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar