making the playoffs just got harder.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Better than nothing- yeah?

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Let the Colts play all their starters. I want to beat them straight up. This is our Super Bowl. Send them into the playoffs with a loss.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think everyone agrees with you IF they play all their starters, but the reality is, we stand a better chance if they don't. But more importantly, strategically, you don't want their starters to get a look at your starters one week before the playoffs, so beating them at their best is actually a bad strategic move. It's preferable for us if we beat their bench. And then face their starters fresh in the AFC championship game.

The one part I don't agree with, is the statement this is our superbowl. We have another superbowl on our minds. Even if you want to douse yourself in the reality that the Colts and Partriots are better, you are still underestimating many factors like stamina, weather, the flu, injuries, and heart. We have more heart in one qb than any other team in the league. Unkown factors rise up in the playoffs, like when McNair has his bloody finger on his passing hand versus the Steelers, but he came back in and led the game winning drive inspite of it. He wasn't gonna go out like that. Heart.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I don't buy that. If we get in we can make some noise.

Our first round opponent will almost certainly be San Diego and we should have beaten them a week and a half back. If we beat San Diego I think we get the Colts, and we would have just beaten them.

Both of those match-ups are definitely winnable for this football team.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Dungy is only commenting on the Texans game. I expect more 2nd stringers than stars against us.

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

obviously i would prefer if guys like peyton and addai and whoever else arent playing but honestly, we play the colts well every time we play them. even with their starters in i would not be worried about the game

7. reo

reo Starter

us making the playoffs if nothing else will help us attract more FAs during the offseason.

and although the colts won't rest their starters this week, they prob will at least some in week 17. if they didn't play them this week or next week that would be 3 weeks off from football... i wouldn't want that either. they won't play a whole game against a very physical titan D that might be fighting for a playoff spot imo.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

One reason I could see them playing all their starters for long than normal is they don't want there to be a chance of playing us in the playoffs. Remember they have struggled against the titans recently.

9. reo

reo Starter

if we start getting hits on manning or knocking the crap outta addai... they're getting pulled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar