Man of Steel: Superman

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Aqutis30, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Well, I said in the Dark Knight Rises thread that I anticipate Iron Man 3 more than any other DC project coming out and I must say that I just watched the new MoS trailer and it looks EPIC!!! I retract my previous statement in the DKR thread! :)

Zod FTW..I mean FTL! LOL

Not sure if I am allowed to post this link but mods please remove if needed!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...erman-childhood-features-first-191135118.html

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It does look good. I'm not a Superman fan but it was an impressive trailer that's for sure.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I rarely read Superman when I was into dime-store comics. They made a Spiderman vs Superman jumbo comic and I wanted Spidey to woop his ass so badly.. Of course that never happened. Now I appreciate Superman far more - the setup is the standard by which all other superheroes are judged. This movie looks well made, but if they lose the spirit of the original then it will be a shame..

Funny how the best comics make the worst movie adaptation and vice-versa.
    The best SH storyline of the golden era of comics (70's) involved The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Submariner. The Human Torch was probably 3 to 1 the favorite superhero of every kid outside of Spiderman. Hollywood f'd those franchise up so badly, with terrible casting etc. that we'll likely never know if FF movies could be done right.. Maybe Submariner will turn up in one of the other Marvel combo-thons - but not likely..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When you have Galactus as a fkn cloud you know that's gonna be a bad movie.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The best thing about FF is that they fought all the high profile villains of other SH's.
    Galactus was a preposterous choice. I would have picked Mephisto or Kang (which would screw up The Avengers plans but you know my feelings on that). Many of the best FF battles were with Doctor Octopus, and I thought they did a good job on him in Spiderman II - why not remain faithful to commonality of the marvel world and let FF fight him (in some delusional world where they remake FF) :-(

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oh and Wingless Wizard too.. Or just do a Human Torch vs Wingless Wizard movie with anyone but Chris Evans as Jonathon Storm...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sony has the Spiderman rights.
    Fox has FF.

Not that I think they would have done anything of that kind but they are handcuffed to a degree with the rights.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Figures that it would be Fox...

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Looks siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I never cared too much for Superman but I am familiar with the basics, and this is the first time I've actually looked forward to a Superman movie. But I won't lie, Nolan's name being attached might have something to do with that, and even though he's not in charge, you can bet the director will gladly take notes.

I do like the cast, I don't know anything about the guy playing Superman, but he does look the part. Amy Adams is a perfect choice for Lois Lane and Michael Shannon is a very underrated actor, looking forward to him playing Zod.

I've heard from those loyal to original that they don't want another origin and should continue off from the last one, but it has been like 30 years since an origin, unless you count Smallville. Plus an origin will allow them to do Superman's most notorious villain right in Lex Luther right, he was an absolute joke in the last one.

Another ex. would be Iron Man. He was a b rated superhero and RDJ made him 20 times bigger than he really was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar