Manning 5yrs 90 Million? Too much or no?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I remember real early reports months back he stated that he wouldnt mind giving the team the signs him a more incentive laden deal..since there were so many questions regarding his health. Seems like he must be feeling REAL good..because apparently he's looking to possibly receive a similar contract to the one he last signed with the Colts..

If we sign wells to go along with Hutch..me personally i'm a happy camper (so far..draft is next) with regard to how they've proceeded this off season. If we dont sign Manning..i'm still happy with what they've done.

However for those of you who are steadfast in support of him coming here...would be cool with a 5year 90mill contract? Or do you feel that would be too much?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ntract/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

...and it's only getting higher.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

5 years, 90 million? That's it? I thought Bud was trying to name the franchise after him and make him co-owner? The Tennessee Peytons... and T-Rac would be fired and Gomer Pile would be the new mascot

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

WAY too much. No thanks.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Way, way too much and too long of a term, too (if the Titans are truly offering Manning a lifetime contract and making it so they can't cut him). The Titans need to get the heck out of this mess and fast. Those numbers are insane.

Unfortunately, I have a sinking feeling that Bud is willing to pay it.

Goodbye to guys like Bironas, McCourty, Cook and quite possibly Locker and Britt. It would be tough to extend the contracts of some very important pieces of this team with so much money tied up in a 36-year-old (in a week) who is coming off of three neck surgeries in one year.

The kind of contract that he is reportedly asking for could basically destroy the Titans as the team currently exists. Could help the team win a Super Bowl, too, of course. I just don't think it's worth the risk, though.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I agree, this has gotten way of hand....at this point I am ready to abandon the whole thing and lock up Well and Myers and look to the draft to fix the defense. Even take some of that money to get Freeney interested in visiting Nashville.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

yep.. this is my worse fear with this whole saga... overpaying and destroying our future...

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Crazy numbers yes, but the cap goes way up in a couple of seasons, close to 200 million if I remember correctly.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That is far from a fact, if I'm not mistaken. There are some who think it will and some who don't.

If I'm wrong and it's written into the new CBA that is has to go up that much, please post a source.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It could be 20-years, $400M and it won't matter. It's about guaranteed money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar