Manning 5yrs 90 Million? Too much or no?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

bet Manning will make more money from doing commericals

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

The dollar amount per yr should be around 20million but I just don't want him for 5 years

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Agreed

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

After seeing that it was 5 for 96 mil, I'm glad we "failed." I am not for screwing the future of the franchise for one player. Any player. Wasn't for mario, wouldn't be for manning.

Our scouts are some of the best in the biz IMO. If we are patient and stay the course, we will get our ring.

6. MileHighFish

MileHighFish Guest

Not thrilled with the 5 year deal as a Broncos fan but sounding like the only "guaranteed" money is $18 million for this upcoming season. He then is required to pass physicals prior to each of the remaining years on the contract in order to get paid. IMO he will only play 4 more years tops. Again, that is just IMO.

Wonder how much the Broncos would pay the team doc to not pass PM's physical should he not perform well in the future?;-D

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That is interesting....I am sure Bud would have matched or beat that, which tells me Manning had other reasons here. Just my opinion.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yep, after this year it's basically a series of "one year contracts" requiring him to pass physicals before the next season begins. If he fails due to ANY injury (not just his neck), the Broncos can void the contract.

I'm not gonna play bitter Titans role.. It's a good deal for Denver when you really look into it.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. I honestly thought Denver was out of it. I figured if Manning's main concern was rings, then San Fran was the obvious choice. I think the vast majority of people outside of Nashville and Denver would agree that the 49ers are by far the best team of the 3.

And I figured if money was his main concern then we were going to get him. I know Denver has more cap than us but with the way Bud was talking I expected he would be willing to sink every available dime into Manning. Whereas I thought Denver, even with all that cap space, would have their limits.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

He chose the weakest AFC division to compete in...figures he can get to playoffs with mediocre record which means he only has to play mediocre or a little better to make it.

Guess I don't blame him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar