Manning 5yrs 90 Million? Too much or no?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Who cares! He's not our problem! The only time we need to talk about Peyton is when we knock his head off in the playoffs.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

5 years is the problem, not the money, imo. (if he had come here)

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

From what ive read, the lifetime contract Bud offered was broken into two parts: the lifetime contract and the playing one

Even Bud recognizes Jake Locker as the future, so no way he offered 5 years.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

5 years? Have fun with that Denver.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

so we couldnt of given mario that money which im sure he would of taken over the bills....come one bud...moron

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sure, we could have been stupid and vastly overpaid mario, only to watch players like Cook leave in free agency because we are cap screwed.

We did FAR better by getting Wimbley at about 1/3 the price for not that much difference in production.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear you, but, you need to remember that, IMO, the real reason Bud was pining so hard for PM was to seal the deal on sellouts and merchandise sales for several years. Mario would have not been able to do this.

So, Bud, IMO is not a moron....he is a businessman.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Media coverage..TV exposure etc.. also

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

yes but i believe that mario would of made us better which would of drawn more of a crowd just as manning....and overpay mario? what do you call what payton got then?

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You are not counting the VOL factor here....like it or not, that would have been HUGE from a sales and merchandising standpoint, regardless of team performance.

I am not talking about how much better we would have been (because on that count I totally agree with you), I am talking about how much more $$ Bud would have made.

Not a fan of it, but it just is what it is here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar