Manning 5yrs 90 Million? Too much or no?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Absolutely not!! Signing MW wouldn't assure us 5 prime time games like PM would have. Bud saw that signing PM at that money would have vastly brought more to the franchise than MW would have.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

which one would as of right now help us to become more of a superbowl contender? mario or manning

3. corymiller

Manning.

Signing an elite pass rusher isn't going to change that our offense was notorious for 3 n outs last year.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

with a qb that we dont even know if he can take a hard hit or not let alone if mario was here our defense would be much better and i believe locker will start this year and the number of 3 and outs is going to go down substantially due to the fact he can create plays with his legs

5. corymiller

I never stated that you I was 100% Manning would be able to perform at the level the AFC South has been accustomed to over the past 9 years.

But just as I can't be certain of Mannings neck, you can't be certain of Locker going to improve the number of 3 n outs that this offense had. A great offense CAN mask and cover up for a BAD defense. A bad defense is bad. A bad defense that tired is going to be flat out horrendous.

Honestly, I wanted Manning for the spotlight. I don't like how Tennessee gets overlooked for primetime games yet the NFL shoves games out at Camp Tarpville down our throats. I knew Manning coming to TN would generate a lot of "buzz" around the city and would turn into revenue for the city. The city benefits with its' sports teams do well. More butts in the seats downtown means more revenue in the restaurants which means more revenue for the city. More exposure for the city is what I was really looking forward to. I really supported the decision to pursue Manning without emotion. As a Vanderbilt fan since birth, I hated Manning when he was at UT and hated him when he was in Indy. When the Titans pushed hard to get him, I supported it with my brain because I understand business, not my heart. It was hard for me to take with my brain but my heart wasn't broken. I will now continue to hate him and the Denver Broncos even more. I hated them before this because of the way they treated Jay Cutler.

Sorry to get off on a tangent, but to answer your question...signing Manning would have essentially filled 2 holes. Assuming he returns to form, he would have fixed our 3 n out problem and would have simply covered up our defensive problem. Signing MW is a step towards fixing our defensive holes but we would still have an offense that created a lot of 3 n outs and difficult situations for the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

fair enough...good points

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If we could just run the damn ball for more than 2 yards per carry, our offense would drastically improve.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

This. One thousand times this.

QB wasn't a position we had considerable issues with last season. I mean, if you think about it:
    1. Our star WR went out early, and then Nate Washington was pretty much willing himself to play while he probably should have been on the sideline.

2. Our OLine SUCKED at getting the run game going, so once everyone was accustomed to our run game not existing they just focused on pass plays.

3. Our star RB didn't help the run game either.

Hasselbeck did very well with what he was given, and if he starts this season I would expect him to do even better than last year. Locker was incredibly impressive whenever he played, and if he starts this season I expect Titans football to be extremely exciting.

If we had gotten Noodle Neck, I'd have a lot of questions right now. I mean, he's played one offense his entire career that was catered to him, he hasn't played a down in over a year, he's 36, and he's had four neck surgeries. I'm just not sure he's going to be so great, certainly not $20 million a year great, and certainly not "the next 5 years" great.

For me, I've felt that whoever landed Noodle Neck would pretty much HAVE to win a Super Bowl during his time there, because once he's gone their franchise is going to be in the trash for the next few years. And really, I wouldn't bet on them NOT being in the trash just because he shows up, but only time will tell there.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If manning had gone to san fran I would have no problem with it. That would be wanting to win a super bowl. Had he come back home to tennessee that would have made sense. Do not go to denver and say it was about winning.......... it is all about money and endorsements. Manning has one ring because he always commands to much money. And he thinks super bowl with denver! I do not care what espn says the titans have more playmakers than the broncos. Good luck with that line and lets see how they run the ball without tebow. Like they did with orton they won't

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5 years / 95 million ?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar