Many Questions Face Titans After OTA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though the pads have yet to be strapped on, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher may have a better idea of where many positions stand as May OTAs concluded last Thursday. The skill positions remain the biggest question mark -- particularly at CB, WR and RB. CB Reynaldo Hill will be trying to fight off first-round draft pick Michael Griffin and second-year CB Cortland Finnegan. Though WR Justin Gage flashed potential late, the trio of WRs taken in the 2004 draft, Brandon Jones, Cortney Roby and Roydell Williams will need to make a much bigger impact. For a team who likes to run the football as much as the Titans, the RB position will be one to watch to see if second-year RB LenDale White can get out of the doghouse and back on track or if rookie Chris Henry can prove he has running skills to go along with his workout numbers.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. i would almost like to see griffin get beat out at the CB spot and get to fight for the FS spot... that would make us have a much better secondary, and i want chris henry to win the starting role because lendale isnt putting in the time to suceed

3. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

To be honest all of this scares me. I am having HIGH hopes for my Titans next yr. but the way things are going it sounds like it's nothing, but a mad house. We have so many positions with question marks and that scares me to death considering they're the positions that are highly contributed in this sport. We have no idea what our recievers are going to be able to do. Our only experienced running back does not care at all what is going on right now while we have a rookie who is barely experienced overall because of low playing time in college. Our first round pick who is a tremendous athlete is NOT playing the position that he is natural with and they're now saying that he isn't doing too great at the new one. This is killing me because I have no idea what the outcome will be next yr. I'm not trying to be negative at all because I love this team and only want the best, but truthfuly in my mind I'm scared...

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The sentiment coming from the coaches is that "new" Henry is going to be a beast. They feel that he has the body, the desire and the basic instincts to become a decent running back. Also, he has Hall blocking for him.

Rey will keep his job. He had a terrible injury last year, that he played through. Everyone is confused about Griff and where he will end up. Some feel that he is being groomed to be Pac's replacement, however if Pac returns, then he will be switched back to safety. Basically, they are putting a lot of pressure on Griff.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

It'll definitely be interesting to see where Griff lines up in TC this summer. Thankfully ill be there to see it with my own two eyes!

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So if Rey keeps his job and Griffin also starts at CB we have Harper riding the bench? The only thing that makes sense is they are planning on going cover 2 as their base defense and Rey Rey is going to be riding the bench unless Griffin stinks so bad at CB they are forced to move him back to S.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Its also possible that they're sharpening his cover skills by sticking him at Corner for a while. I suppose they want him to be versatile. Eventually, don't know how soon or long, I believe Griff will be the starting safety next to Chris.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hopefully he'll be moved over at some point, and they're just starting him out at corner. I don't really understand it, but hopefully competition among all of these players will bring out the best ones.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Agreed... Remember all the talk was that they were going to use his versatility. They're teaching him the cover skills that he hasn't had a chance to sharpen up to this point - his safety skills don't need much work. But I don't think they have any intention of using him as a pure corner - wouldn't be surprised to see them try a secondary version of a 3-4 defense... we're used to the idea of a linebacker who also functions like a DE or even DT. From all I can see they want to leave Griffin on the field and have him function as either a CB or S, depending on the look they get from the offense.

Either that or Fisher has lost his mind. I'm tentatively leaning toward it being potentially brilliant, but I reserve the right to change my mind in 3 months.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe we just need a S with CB-like corner skills to stop getting burned on post routes (a las "Big Dummy" LaMont"). Could be Griff goes to safety when pac gets back, and he will be a better safety then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar