Many Titans Hurting After Chiefs Win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A number of Titans players were injured in today's win over the Chiefs. In the first half, Kevin Mawae went down with a lower leg injury as did Benji Olson who saw limited action in the second half. Ryan Fowler and Vincent Fuller both went down with shoulder injuries in the second half. Fowler never returned to the game. "At one point I had Colin Allred, Rich Scanlon and Stephen Tulloch on the field and we're just fortunate to have guys that pay attention," Fisher said. "We gave a couple young players a chance to play. I'm a little concerned about Ryan Fowler, both his shoulder and Vinny's [Fuller] shoulder. It's part of the game, this time of year and we will do our best to heal up as best as we can."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lowry should be hurting after he got undressed for that td

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You reckon when Fisher called up Allred and Scanlon on the sidelines he gave them a double take? First time he ever seen them.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

It was refreshing to see Tullouch in there. I really thought he'd win the MLB job, but I guess we're paying Fowler too much money to sit on the bench, even if he's not faster and more aggressive, and doesn't have a better nose for the ball.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fowler has looked good. He may not be a superstar, but he's played well, and I was more impressed with him in preseason anyway. I don't see how you conclude that he's not any of the things you list.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's been ok.....Just ok. We could have kept that money and been just fine with Tulloch if we were settling for just, well,.....Ok.

Mediocre should not be what we strive for, and he's been nothing but.

I honestly believe that Tulloch would have been much better, and the more experience he gets the better he'll be. I guess if Fowler is out for any given period, then we shall see if it holds true.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Define good? IMO Fowler has stunk at MLB. Fowler is 44th in tackles for LBs IN THE AFC! That is pitiful for a MLB who should be around the ball all the time. He is 83rd in the NFL in tackles. He is only one of the absolute worst MLBs in the entire NFL. Other than that he has looked pretty good in his uniform.... Just for comparison Steven Tulluch had 47 tackles last year with 3 passes defensed and one int. Thats Tulluch playing in a limited back up type roll. With two games to go Fowler's stats aren't a whole lot better and Fowler has been starting at MLB all season. Tulluch had 9 SOLO tackles coming in for Fowler last game..9 SOLO tackles and 12 total! IMO it isn't even close. Fowler sucks, Tulluch is decent and Fowler was a complete waste of money.

I've been watching Fowler from game one and haven't waivered on my opinion. Fowler is a lousy MLB. He has shown very little for me to even be optimistic.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tulloch was also killing it in preseason. He's the better player, but this team loves playing a bad player over a better one for whatever reasons.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

What he said.......:yes:

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Hmm...I saw Bulluck yelling down Tulloch yesterday when he too a really bad angle to a run and allowed a big gain. Not sure Tulloch is really ready yet. Not sure what the answer at MLB is, but I don't think we have it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar