Marc Mariani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

is being exposed. The guy is not a good punt returner, and now that kickoff returns are more or less a thing of the past, he is really struggling. This new kickoff rule has to be the worst rule change I've ever seen. Helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver, all that stuff at least makes sense. Taking kickoff returns out of the game though, it's terrible. Why even kick it off? Every game is just kickoff after kickoff getting booted out of the endzone. Just let em start at the 20.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, he is not exciting to watch anymore. He just looks too slow and doesn't have any type of wiggle. Shocked he did what he did last year.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Kick return is a whole different game. You start with open field. Punt returns have to be elusive and agile

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Very true. I don't like it one bit. Mariani still is our best option to return kicks if he ever gets a chance to actually return one. Damian Williams is a much better punt returner. I still like Mariani though.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

A tangential point, but it seriously makes me cringe every time I hear announcers pronounce it "mary-annie" instead of with the same "a" that's in "Mark".

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I cant believe through 3 games we don't even have ONE kick return yet. Every single one has been a touchback.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The NFL is really ruing football for themselves. I feel that 9 of 10 people loathe this crap rule.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

How are we suddenly attacking Mariani? He played the exact same way last year, he just got more opportunies.

His money was made on KR and with the new rule KRs are tougher than ever. Doesn't help when the ball gets blasted into the endzone every time either.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He doesn't really get yards on Punt Returns, but at least we don't have to **** our pants worrying about him muffing the punt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He caught a ball yesterday on the five that he should have let go. But he has great hands and more opportunities will come when the weather starts to decline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar