Marc Mariani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

[Not a complaint post, genuinely asking]

Do people really actually like him? He's not a threat and I hope people who saw what Will Fuller did understand how lethal REAL speed can be. I never understood a team who wanted weapons on offense, but was fine with having "just get past the 20" kick returners. Would the Titans really rather have him than D'Anthony Thomas?

you know what... it actually doesnt surprise me considering our QB runs the fastest 40 on our time.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

Yes because he catches the ball EVERY time. Paul Kuharsky tried spewing garbage about us liking him because he was a white returner and that is just garbage. Look at the kicking game since he left. It has been a joke. He isn't the fastest, but he catches it so my butt is no puckered when the other team kicks it.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There is a theory as to why he is so liked which I cannot share because of forum rules. Figure it out from there. I dont think he is any better than McCluster myself.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Well there is the answer. Let's get MM to return punts and kickoffs.....make him earn that big salary.

I always said we should have converted VY to WR....man that guy could run. No one ever listens to me.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

MM has poor lateral movement, would not be a good fit

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You saying he can't juke anyone?......lol

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Years ago he a couple back for TDs. He makes good decisions 95% of the time and he doesn't muff the catch. That's about it. He has s mature team first attitude. That and his sure handedness are why people like him. He is distinctly average in his stats. It's disingenuous to suggest there is a race issue.

Personally I'd prefer to have some speed back there. I'm not sure how/why we gave up on tre McBride so soon. I think it's more on Mularkey why Mariani was picked up.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Was D'Anthony Thomas available? Mariani was, is better than anything we had, and doesn't turn the ball over. He's a little better than average, was available, and just a safe returner. As stated on so many other threads, this team could not be rebuilt in one year. A safe returner is good enough to help the rest of the team develop/try out for the future.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar